The University of Kentucky Healthcare (UKHC) Enterprise is seeking an American Sign Language (ASL) Interpreter. The ASL Interpreter will provide medical interpretation services for UKHC. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to; accurately conveying information between patient and provider; managing the flow of communication to maintain accuracy; facilitating rapport between the provider & patient; recognizing & addressing instances that require intercultural inquiry to ensure accurate & complete understanding; and providing interpretation of policies, procedures, consents, directions, & instructions. These duties enable patients and families to effectively communicate, which allows UKHC to achieve optimal patient outcomes. This position also helps UKHC meet federal, state and Joint Commission requirements for language access.
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
NAD-RID Certification, Kentucky Licensure
The physical requirements of this position include: occasionally lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects up to and over 25lbs; occasionally standing or walking with objects up to 15lbs; regularly sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time while performing repetitive motions (such as typing); interacting with staff, faculty, patients, and the public; and communicating with staff, faculty, patients, and the public using American Sign Language.
Primarily days; 8:00am - 5:00pm; Monday-Friday.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in both English and American Sign Language. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, exceptional planning and organizational skills, and effective written and verbal communication.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Experience interpreting in a healthcare setting.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree?
- * Do you have a Kentucky license through the Board of Interpreters for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing?
- * Do you have a national certification for ASL interpreting (NAD/RID)?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience providing interpreting services in a healthcare setting.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please describe your experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter