Medical Lab Technician/UKHC
The Medical Lab Technician will serve as the recipient for all patient specimens. This position is responsible for the accurate and timely accessioning of all requests, including STAT tests. Duties will include recognize orders requiring special consideration and intervention. Anticipate problems and takes appropriate action. Prioritize specimens and routes to appropriate lab to ensure turn-around-times are within established time frames.
An ideal candidate will also have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to provide a high level of customer service to all internal and external customers. This position will also require the candidate to have problem solving skills and be detail oriented.
Medical Lab Technician/UKHC
Medical Lab Technician - Micro
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Regular use of computer workstation and repetitive motion. Occasional standing or walking with objects up to 10 pounds. Intermittent exposure to blood borne/airborne pathogens, cuts/punctures, and recombinant DNA or viral vectors.
This position is 40 hours per week, primarily weekday evenings 3p-1130p and rotating weekend. This position will also fill in other shifts as needed
Excellent keyboarding, written, verbal, interpersonal, multi-tasking and problem solving skills
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
MLT with clinical microbiology laboratory experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your amount of paid employment experience in a clinical microbiology laboratory.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Have you completed college coursework in microbiology?
- * Please explain your work-related experience with multitasking and dealing with multiple interruptions.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter