Staff Support Associate I/UKHC
The Staff Support I /UKHC will be responsible for checking in all patients into the Center for Advanced Surgery, helping them understand what to expect, and notifying the Pre-Op Holding Area once patient has arrived. This person will be responsible for compiling paperwork in preparation for patients as well as ensuring that all paperwork is filled out correctly and will serve as liaison between the families and the patient while the patient is in surgery to ensure families are kept up to date. They will also assist the family with any needs they may have.
Staff Support Associate I/UKHC
Staff Support I
H3140:Center for Advanced Surgery
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
This position may require listing, pushing, and/or pulling of objects up to 50 lbs.
Primarily Monday-Friday 5:30 AM - 2:00 PM with occasional evenings and weekends per departmental needs.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong attention to detail, strong communication and organizational skills, and customer service experience.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
High School Diploma and 2 years of administrative experience in a healthcare setting preferred
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of customer service experience do you have working with patients, doctors, nurses, etc.?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 4 years
- More than 4 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Have you ever worked in a very demanding or high volume clerical setting?
- * Do you have knowledge of surgical procedures?
- * Rate your level of computer experience.
- No computer experience
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter