Research Media & Content Specialist
Job ID: 41506
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Apply On Or Before: 05/02/2017
Office of University Communications
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Research Communications in the Office of University Communications, and working in direct support of FSU's Office of Research, the Research Media and Content Specialist is responsible for the production of cross-channel content and projects to increase overall engagement and awareness of university research and creative activities. This position also helps assist in promotional and public relations opportunities that enhance the reputation of the university's research and creative activities to external and internal audiences, and supports the university's overall media relations activities and key initiatives. This employee works closely with faculty and staff and a university-wide network of marketing and communications professionals.
* Conducts interviews and develops a variety of written content related to FSU research and creative activities for internal and external audiences, including local, state, national and international media.
* Builds relationships and maintains contact with a variety of internal stakeholders in order to generate story content and publicize university research.
* Closely collaborates with FSU's News and Research Communications team to ensure consistency of messages and key initiatives associated with research and creative activities.
* Establishes new media contacts and successfully pitching stories to local, regional, national and international media.
* Evaluates story opportunities to help determine their value in promoting FSU's research mission and enhancing its reputation.
* Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience or a combination of post high school education and relevant experience equal to six years.
Experience writing news releases or expert pitches.
Experience interviewing subjects for news releases or for written publications.
Experience pitching news stories to media outlets.
Up-to-date on current media trends.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position. The position is funded by contract and grant monies.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf