Job Title Teacher
As a Teacher in the Family Resources Center you will assist with planning and implementing daily learning programs and activities. Planning and preparing learning environments to meet the developmental needs of the children.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) or equivalent certificate; or 9 college credits in Early Childhood Education and one year of appropriate experience working with infants, toddlers, and/or preschool children.
Current First-Aid and CPR certification or must obtain within six months of hire.
Experience operating a personal computer with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Associate's degree from an accredited institution in Early Childhood Education or related field.
Experience in a program accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of or ability to learn the state regulations governing the identification and reporting of child abuse and neglect.
Familiarity with all childcare licensing standards, the accreditation standards of the NAEYC, Florida Sunrise and Sunshine State Standards, and national Head Start performance standards.
Knowledge of child care facility, services and certifications.
Ability to provide services to all children and families using patience, sensitivity, dignity and respect.
Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, staff, volunteers, students, and visitors.
Knowledge of and ability to operate a personal computer with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Ability to work with a diverse population and commitment to building a collaborative culture.
Ability to work in an environment that includes young children and function under pressure.
Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for infants and children.
Ability to use critical thinking skills, problem solve, and manage multiple priorities.
Ability to assume new responsibilities and take initiative to carry them out in an effective manner.
Ability to perform in a team environment and maintain confidentiality.
Ability to provide basic nutrition and hygiene services for infants and young children.
Salary Range $11.21 hourly ($23,400 annually)
Essential Job Duties
•Helps to ensure the safety and welfare of the children at the Family Resource Center, protecting them from physical and emotional harm.
•Provides a clean, orderly, and healthy environment for children instructing them on personal hygiene, hand washing, safety practices, and related topics.
•Treats all children, families, and staff members with dignity and respect.
•Maintains appropriate communication and professional attitude at all times.
•Provides care for infants and children, including changing diapers, feeding, and comforting.
•Arranges the classroom environment in accordance to program goals and philosophy.
•Assists the lead teacher in the operation of the classroom.
•Reports accidents, injuries, and illnesses to parents and supervisors.
•Reports suspected cases of child abuse and neglect to authorities as a mandated reporter under state law.
•Maintains constant supervision over classroom activities and children to ensure safety.
•Assists in the supervision of student workers, OPS, and volunteers as needed.
•Attends staff meetings, training programs, and conferences.
•Shares joint housekeeping responsibilities with other staff members.
•Assists in other rooms in the absence of lead teachers.
•Performs other duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS256P
Open Date 04/12/2017
Close Date 05/08/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
As required by the Department of Children and Families, Teachers are required to complete 45 clocked-hours of childcare training. Training must begin within 90 days of hire and completed within one year.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a high school diploma, equivalent, or higher?
- * Do you possess either a Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) or equivalent certificate; or have 9 college credits in Early Childhood Education and one year of appropriate experience working with infants, toddlers, and/or preschool children?
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a current First-Aid and CPR certification or the ability to obtain within six months of hire?
- * Do you have experience operating a personal computer with proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)?
- This position is eligible for veteran's preference. For additional information regarding veteran's preference, please review the FGCU Human Resources website and click on the link for Veteran's Preference. You may copy and paste this URL into a separate browser window for easier access to veteran's preference information: http://www.fgcu.edu/HR/. To be eligible for veteran's preference, you must upload your DD214 to this posting. A new DD214 must be uploaded with each application submitted. Forms submitted under a previous application will not transfer to another position application.
- * Are you claiming veteran's preference?
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)