Administrative Support Specialist - Journey
Position Number 012389
Position Classification Title Adminstrative Support Spec
Functional Title Administrative Support Specialist - Journey
Position Type Staff
This primary purpose of this position is to serve as Deck Operations Manager. It requires supervision of 3 permanent staff, some temporary staff, and student workers to ensure that deck operations run smoothly and efficiently. The position monitors and manages access to 4 parking decks and is responsible for programming and managing the parking management system. Must maintain, reconcile and manage financial records for deck operations, including daily reports. Verifies validations and prepares deposits. The ability to multitask is a must. In this position, a person communicates with a diverse population and sometimes with difficult customers. Therefore, strong customer services skills are pertinent to this position.
This position will:
- Supervise the parking deck attendant positions, including permanent positions and several temp and student positions on a 24/7 basis.
- Train staff and keep the staff training manual up to date. New staff must be thoroughly trained in proper methods and procedures when dealing with the public.They must have a working knowledge of the equipment needed to perform the duties of a cashier.
- Ensure that instructions provided to staff are carried out even during periods when this position is not present.
- Prepare work schedules to satisfy the needs of the University and Parking Operations. Verify time sheets, maintain leave records, responsible for approval of leave, conduct performance reviews, and recommend salary adjustments. Provide timely submission of required personnel forms.
- Counsel subordinates on performance, attendance, appearance, and customer service skills.
- Provide replacement during absences of staff.
- Ensure that their office has at least 1st shift coverage during holidays/breaks when the front office is open.
- Communicate calmly and clearly with faculty, staff, students, and visitors when responding to a wide variety of questions regarding rules and regulations, lot locations, permit requirements, events, complaints, directions, etc. Communications can be in person, by phone, or via email.
- Understand POCAM policy and procedures to be able to communicate and interpret information to students, staff/faculty, vistiors, and contractors/vendors.
- Remain calm and courteous when responding to upsdet customers.
- Maintain relationships with others in order to encourage and support communication and teamwork.
- Assist with information fairs (Destination UNCG, Transfer Sessions, etc) and camps/grauation when needed.
- Reconcile daily reports by verifying validations and cash.
- Prepare deposits for deck operations and ensures correct accounts are credited.
- Make suggestions/changes to make the daily deposits less time consuming.
- Verify deposit slips and attach them to daily reports, verify that all financial information is correct, and resolve any discrepancies.
- Assist cashiers in balancing cash drawers to the End of Day Cash Report. Receipts must match with the report and be filed together.
- Execute pay on foot station cash collections to maintain machine operational capabilities.
- Ensure that employees (deck attendants) have enough change.
- File daily deposits and credit card reports.
- Send ticket/boot payments collected after hours to front counter to ensure they are credited to the account in a timely manner.
- Audit SpartanCard transactions.
- Responsible for programming the parking management systrm
- Navigate through Banner, NCDMV, AIMS, Blackboard, and other software programs to retrieve, enter, view, and update information
- Monitor space counts in the parking decks using ScanNet, making decisions when to start and stop the pay by hour operation.
- Act as DMV liaison.
- Log into CISCO phone system to help answer calls throughout the day.
- Be able touse 10 key credit card system.
- Keep passwords updated as needed for 2+ Banner Accounts used by temp and students.
- Oversee the issuance of temporary SpartanCards using Blackboard.
- Act as backup for dispatch.
- Help with permit mail out.
- Help with ticket notice mail out.
Position Pending Re-Classification
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY AND ONE YEAR OF RELATED OFFICE EXPERIENCE; OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE.
- Three (3) - five (5) years of related experience. * Associate's degree or 2 year college equivalent.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Recruitment Range $30,490 - $38,986
Org #-Department Parking Services - 57701
Work Hours of Position Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm + As Needed On Nights And Weekends
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Competency Level Journey
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
Knowledge-Program: Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of the area of specialization, the program, process, and/or organizational operation. May be the content/process resource.
Communication-Verbal: Presents ideas in a clear, concise, organized manner. Explains and interprets programs, policies and procedures to meet the specific needs of staff and clients. Advises program staff/clients in all matters related to program operations.
Communication-Written: Composes and organizes ideas logically, works in multiple formats such as letters, memos, reports or presentations, and can change/adjust style to meet the needs of the program and audience. Reviews sensitive materials and edits content constructively.
Office Technology: Selects, understands and fully applies a variety of features in software programs, databases, information systems, and specialized equipment.
Open Date 04/12/2017
Close Date 04/21/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following options best describes your education history?
- No Response
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Associate's Degree
- 3 years of college coursework
- 2 years of college coursework
- 1 year of college coursework
- less than 1 year of college coursework
- High School Diploma or GED
- * How many years of experience in a directly related field do you have?
- No Response
- 4 or more years
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- 4 months
- less than 4 months
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * Do you have any supervisory experience?
- * Do you have three (3) to five (5) years of directly related experience?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu