Office Assistant 2 - Call Center
Position type: Full-time Classified, 40 hours per week, overtime eligible permanent position.
Salary: $2,117.00 - $2,724.00/month; Range 28
Opens: April 12, 2017
Closes: April 28, 2017
Location: SPSCC Mottman Campus, WA
South Puget Sound Community College seeks a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and qualified individual for the position of Office Assistant 2 in the Call Center in the Student Services division.
The Office Assistant 2 – Call Center position supports student success by providing high level telephone customer service and supporting the work of the Student Services One-Stop. Combining functions of admissions, enrollment, financial aid, and general campus information at one location, the position is directly related to supporting student success by facilitating and assisting students in their entrance, enrollment, and progression through degree completion. This position provides high level, friendly, and knowledgeable telephone customer service to students, staff, faculty, and the public.
Hours of work: Monday – Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Customer Service (80%)
- Answer phone and electronic inquiries in multi-department call center.
- Provide positive customer service – use active listening and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Inform students, staff and the public with information and interpretation of college policies and activities related to enrolling at South Puget Sound Community College.
- Independently resolve problems and respond to a large volume of inquiries via face-to-face, phone, fax, and e-mail about Enrollment Services, Financial Aid, Outreach, Advising, Access, Career Services, Registration, Counseling, and Testing and other campus departments.
- Refer/direct customers to appropriate staff and departments within the college when necessary.
- Instruct and demonstrate for customers the use of college website, including all online functions and general information.
- Assist customers in using and understanding class catalog and class schedules.
- Utilize desktop publishing, spreadsheet, and word processing software to create new documents, forms, track phone messages, etc.
- Understand and use student management system database software extensively.
- Understand and use various other office software systems effectively and efficiently.
- Interpret and ensure confidentiality of customer information following federal FERPA and financial aid guidelines and college regulations.
- Assist in the training of part-time staff members on enrollment, advising, financial aid, cashiering policies, and other practices relevant to the Call Center.
Enrollment Services and One-Stop Program Support (15%)
- Scan, file, and organize student records into data imaging system and filing systems
- Perform various data entry and database tasks when requested
- Provide back-up coverage at the Student Services Start Here Desk as needed
- Create and process outgoing or incoming mail as needed
Attend meetings and other duties (5%)
- Attend departmental meetings and play an important role in recognizing and finding potential issues and solutions.
- Perform other duties as required or appropriately assigned
- High school graduation or equivalent, AND one year of clerical experience, call center experience preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering high-level customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including good listening skills.
- Ability to adapt to and positively handle the stress of a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a diverse team.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and accommodate numerous interruptions while performing multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate and present oneself in a professional manner.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations, solving problems and making decisions.
- Strong aptitude for attention to detail and accuracy of information
- Advanced knowledge of computers and software applications, specifically MS Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Excel).
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of students, faculty, administrators and support staff in accomplishing tasks.
Your application and these questions will be used to evaluate your qualifications. You must complete these questions to be considered for the position. Please answer the following questions on a separate sheet of paper. You may type or write your answers but they must be clear and legible.
- What is your vision of customer service in a position such as this in an institution of higher education?
- What interests you in this position and how do you think your prior experiences and interests prepare you for it?
- Please describe your experience working in a fast paced office environment and how you prioritized your work.
- Briefly describe an experience you have had in creating or supporting a diverse and inclusive work environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Completed SPSCC Employment Application
- Letter of application that specifically addresses your ability to perform the responsibilities and competencies described in this announcement
- Resume of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the minimum and any preferred qualifications
- Completed Supplemental Questions
Send application materials via one of the delivery methods below- email is preferred:
Fax: (360) 596-5706
Mail: Human Resource Office
South Puget Sound Community College
2011 Mottman Road SW
Olympia, WA 98512
Apply for Office Assistant 2 - Call Center
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly