Professor of Computer Information Systems
Professor of Computer Information Systems
Mt. San Antonio College
Job Category: Faculty
Employee Group: Faculty
Time (Percent Time): 100%
Term (months/year): 10 months/year
Current Work Schedule (days, hours): as assigned
Salary Range: Faculty Schedule
Salary: Initial placement $64,546- $96,329/yr
Health & Welfare: The College contributes $11,921 toward annual premiums for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage. Lifetime retirement benefits provided for eligible retirees. The District participates in the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS), State Teachers’ Retirement System (STRS) retirement programs, and MetLife Social Security Alternative Plan. *Subject to change based on Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Department: Humanities & Social Sciences
Open Date: 12/06/2016
Closing Date: 5/26/2017
Open Until Filled: Yes
Essential Duties/Major Responsibilities:
• Teach programming, database, and other computer information systems courses
• Teach assigned courses in accordance with assigned course outline of record
• Participate in curriculum development, program advisory board, learning outcome development and assessments
• Participate in grants relevant to program
• Serve on College committees as necessary to maintain and improve the instructional program
• Participate in appropriate professional development activities to maintain currency in the discipline
• Perform related duties as assigned, including timely compliance with clerical and administrative responsibilities and College, division, and department policies
• Adhere to responsibilities required per faculty contract, Title 5 - California Code of Regulations, or accrediting body, as well as College, division, and department policies
• Collaborate effectively with other faculty, staff, and administrators to plan, develop, and execute related programs
• Instruct and assist in the growth and success of a diverse population of students through careful preparation of course materials and effective teaching methods, informed critical feedback on assignments and discussions
• Maintain scheduled office and campus hours, and participate in department/division meetings and committees
• Late afternoon and/or evening assignments may be required as part of the regular contract.
Skills and Abilities:
Minimum Qualifications/Education & Experience:
A. The minimum of one of the following awarded/conferred from a regionally accredited institution:
1. Bachelor’s degree in any field AND a minimum of two years of occupational experience; OR
2. Associate’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems AND a minimum of six years occupational experience; OR
3. California Community College credential, “Valid for Life” (no longer issued), authorizing service as an instructor in the appropriate discipline; refer to Ed Code § 87355 (If meeting qualifications with this credential, a copy of the valid lifetime credential must be submitted with the application.)
B. Commitment to the community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for students with diverse abilities and interests; personal qualities to work effectively and sensitively in a multicultural environment; awareness and commitment to the special needs of non-traditional students.
C. Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English.
Equivalencies for this position have not been established at this time.
• Evidence of teaching college level computer information systems courses
• Knowledge and industry experience related to current programming languages and database management systems
• Evidence of ability to work collaboratively with peers
• Evidence of working in a culturally diverse work environment
• Evidence of ongoing participation in professional development activities relevant to the discipline to maintain currency
License(s) & Other Requirements:
The incumbent may periodically be required to get to a variety of locations. If operating a vehicle, employees must have the ability to secure and maintain a valid California driver’s license.
Instructions re: Confidential Letter of Recommendation:
The Confidential Letters of Recommendation (CLOR) section of the application is Optional. You may skip this option if you do not wish to request confidential letters from the individuals you have selected to provide letters of recommendation. If you decide to skip this option, you will be prompted in the screen for Optional and Required Documents to attach the letters yourself.
If the letters are confidential, create and attach a word document to the link for the required letter stating that your letter providers will submit the letters via the confidential portal. The email notification and link to attach a confidential letter are sent to the confidential reference as soon as the application is submitted and confirmed to be “Under Review by HR”. It is recommended that you complete your application and reach this status as soon as possible, well in advance of the deadline, to give your letter provider ample time to attach the letter. You may want to call confidential references to ask them to check their email for the notification and link. The links for confidential letters expire at 11:59 PM on the date the job posting closes.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to assure all required documents are submitted before the closing deadline.
Conditions of Employment:
This is a full-time, tenure-track, 10-month contract position that begins in the 2017-18 academic year. Placement on the salary schedule is based on formal education, full-time and/or part-time teaching, and related work experience, up to a maximum placement at step 9.
Official offers of employment are made by Mt. San Antonio College Human Resources and are made contingent upon Board approval. It is also required that a final offer of employment will only be made after the candidate has successfully been live scanned and clearance for employment is authorized by Human Resources. Costs for live scan services shall be borne by the candidate.
Notice to all prospective employees - The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in Administrative Procedure 3518, titled Child Abuse Reporting, as a condition of employment.
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Mt. San Antonio Community College Annual Security Report is available here: http://www.mtsac.edu/safety/pdf/2014ASRFinal.pdf
The person holding this position is considered a ‘Responsible Employee’ under Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972 and is required to report to the College’s Title IX Coordinator all relevant details reported to him or her about an incident of alleged sexual misconduct including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence, and stalking.
Typing Certificate Requirements:
First Review of Applications: Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; however, those submitted by 11:59 p.m. (PST) on 2/6/17 are assured consideration.
Applicants must submit all of the following materials online at http://hrjobs.mtsac.edu to be considered for this position:
1. A Mt. San Antonio College online application
2. A cover letter addressing how duties & responsibilities, required qualifications, and preferred qualifications are met
3. A detailed résumé that summarizes educational preparation and occupational experience for the position
4. A minimum of three letters of recommendation that reflect relevant experience (do not use social media or professional networks as a means to provide letters of recommendation or any of the required documents)
5. College and/or university transcripts showing the awarded/conferred degree are required and must be submitted with the online application by all applicants, including current or former employees of the college, to demonstrate that the required educational qualifications are met. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application; however, copies of diplomas are not accepted in lieu of transcripts.
Please note: A confirmation number will be assigned when your application packet indicates the supplemental questions have been answered and a document has been attached to each required link. Assistance with the online application process is available through Human Resources at 1100 N. Grand Avenue, Walnut, CA 91789-1399. Human Resources: (909) 274-4225. E-mail: email@example.com.
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the filing deadline.
A committee will evaluate applications, taking into account breadth and depth of relevant education, training, experience, skills, knowledge, and abilities. Interviews may include a writing sample, committee presentation, and/or performance test. The committee will recommend finalists to the Vice President of Instruction for a second interview. The number of vacancies is dependent on student enrollment, College resources, needs, and Board of Trustees’ approval. The starting date will be August 28, 2017 following Board approval and receipt of live scan clearance. TRAVEL POLICY: Costs associated with travel in excess of 150 miles one way from residence for the purpose of an interview will be reimbursed up to $500 maximum. Relocation costs will be borne by the successful candidate.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The required letters of recommendation are not required to be confidential but if your reference prefers to send a confidential letter, please follow these instructions and notify your reference directly. To obtain a confidential letter of recommendation, you must enter the reference’s name and email address in the fields provided under the “Confidential References” section of the application.
NOTICE: In order for your reference to receive an email with a link to attach a confidential reference letter, you must complete your application and reach the status of “Under Review by HR”. It is recommended that you complete your application and reach this status as soon as possible well in advance of the deadline to provide your reference ample time to attach the letter.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to assure that all required and any optional documents are attached by no later than 11:59 PM PST of the closing date shown on the job posting.
It is the policy of Mt. San Antonio College that harassment is prohibited and that all persons shall receive equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, age (over 40), medical condition (cancer), mental disability, physical disability (including HIV & AIDS), marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran Status. This nondiscrimination policy covers Family and Medical Care Leave and Pregnancy Disability Leave. Contact the Office of Human Resources if you need any special accommodations to complete the application process at 909.274.4225. Mt. San Antonio College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Conflict of Interest:
Conflict of Interest
Cancel RTF Policy:
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RE-OPEN, RE-ADVERTISE, DELAY OR CANCEL FILLING THIS POSITION. THIS RECRUITMENT MAY BE USED TO FILL FUTURE VACANCIES.
To apply, visit: https://hrjobs.mtsac.edu/