Administrative Assistant - Morgridge College Of Education
This Administrative Assistant (AA) will provide project-based, administrative support to the Academic Services Associates (ASA) in MCE's five academic departments, in addition to serving the Morgridge Office of Admissions (MOA) and the Office of the Dean. The AA will collaborate and support our ASAs with various administrative tasks including but not limited to student data entry, maintenance of electronic and paper files, compiling/photocopying academic and other course materials, and room scheduling/logistical support. This position will also support MOA's student recruitment efforts and serve as the primary backup for our ASAs and Executive Assistant to help maintain consistent administrative operations year-round.
- Provide administrative support to ASAs, MCE staff, and faculty on college, departmental, or program projects and initiatives.
- Assist MCE Executive Assistant with calendar coordination, meeting logistics and support, and routine administrative support for tasks and projects.
- Serve MCE Deans and other college leadership with project-based support as directed.
- Assist department ASAs in providing departmental support and student services including but not limited to quarterly faculty class scheduling; communicating information, requirements, and deadlines on quarterly academic processes; assisting with questions related to student status, academic progress, and student course registration; maintaining student and academic records; and managing program and departmental listserv and email distribution lists.
- Provide support to search committees for all staff and faculty position recruitments.
- Provide support for college-wide events, functions and activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to assist faculty, staff, and students in a positive and professional manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
- Excellent time management, task prioritization, and organizational skills to maintain operations and work in a fast-paced and deadline-focused environment with interruptions.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills with MS Office Suite including Excel and Outlook.
- Willingness to learn University of Denver administrative and academic software programs, including SCT Banner.
- High School diploma
- 3 years or administrative experience in an office environment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with office equipment including computers, printer, copier, and multi-line telephone
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-2 years of administrative experience in a higher education setting
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Sean Montoya at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter