Executive Assistant Vice Provost for Graduate Programs Research
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
This position serves as confidential, Executive Assistant to the Vice Provost and is a team member of the Office of the Provost.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience
- Master's degree preferred
- Five - seven years administrative secretarial experience in upper level academia
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Serves as confidential secretary to the Vice Provost preparing correspondence, reports, minutes and other documents.
- Schedules appointments, meetings, and luncheons; maintains heavy daily calendar; makes travel arrangements and conference accommodations. Organizes daily meeting folders and appointments.
- Provides coordination and administration in conjunction with the Office of the Provost regarding faculty searches and special events. Supports task forces and committees chaired by the Vice Provost.
- Assists the Vice Provost in administering the Fulbright Program, including advising students, coordinating information sessions and workshops, keeping website and advertising information up to date, coordinating on-campus interviews and logistics of all applications.
- Support Vice Provost in the role of Research Integrity Officer, scheduling meetings and hearings as necessary to comply with university policies.
- Advises graduate and professional students on how to manage appeals and grievances. Coordinates all aspects of graduate academic grievances, including hearings.
- Monitors budget, prepares check requests, purchase requisitions; maintains office supplies and equipment. Keeps records of expenditures. Processes professional memberships as needed.
- Maintains confidential office files.
- Assists the Executive Assistant to the Provost and others in the team with special projects as needed.
- Performs other duties related to the job description as requested by the supervisor.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Excellent Word for Windows word processing skills.
- Type 60 wpm with high degree of accuracy.
- Good oral and written communication skills, group communication skills, with ability to proofread and edit materials.
- Experience with desktop publishing protocols, spread sheets, scanning,
- FAX, Photoshop, digital camera. Well organized, self-motivated, reflective and innovative thinker.
- Ability to work under pressure, exuding a mature demeanor while multi-tasking in a deadline oriented environment with accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team, as well as an independent contributor.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretionary skills in determining when to act independently and when to consult management prior to taking action.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude.
- In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
- Requires repetitive motions and sitting at computer keyboard.
- Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
- Able to conduct business at other offices on campus.
- Able to lift, bend, grasp, reach, lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
- Reading, writing notes, and computer monitor.
- Pleasant office, comfortable temperature.
- Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.