Vice President, Finance and Operations
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Vice President for Finance & Operations serves as the chief fiscal and operations manager for the College and directs major administrative and operations functions in areas that include budget preparation and oversight, financial management and internal controls, facilities management and maintenance, procurement, capital projects, public safety, risk management, auxiliary and other business-related services. The Vice President is a team member of the Leadership Council.
This position serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet, regularly provides financial reports to the Board of Trustees, and is involved in policy development and implementation. Other responsibilities include strategic planning and long-range financial projections, cost-benefit analysis of programs and services, administrative policy management, and grant fiscal management. The Vice President will represent the College on statewide fiscal and other financial matters.
In addition to having the demonstrated knowledge, experience and ability to evaluate, plan, supervise and provide collaborative leadership for Finance and Operations, the successful candidate must exemplify a high degree of integrity and be a creative problem solver with an entrepreneurial spirit to navigate and manage prudently to enhance a student-centered, diverse and collaborative college community and its mission.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
1. Master’s degree in business, accounting or a related field or requisite credentials, such as a CPA.
2. Five years of senior-level managerial experience that includes significant fiscal oversight and operational management in a complex organization, preferably in public higher education, with experience and knowledge in relational database technology.
3. Experience with capital planning, project development, and project management.
4. Experience in the development and management of staff with a commitment to increasing diversity.
5. A firm understanding of higher education internal and external reporting requirements and the key drivers of the financial statements.
6. Proven ability to work effectively in a collective bargaining environment.
7. Demonstrated ability to work and lead effectively in a collegial and participatory manner across all segments of the College.
8. An extensive background with progressive leadership in planning, financial analysis, cost center reporting, budget development, cash flow projection, and internal controls.
9. Strong knowledge of information technology and experience in technology planning.
10. Ability to interpret and apply state and federal laws and regulations applicable to the financial functions of the College.
11. Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and continuous quality improvement.
12. Commitment to and understanding of the community college mission.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Experience navigating and utilizing knowledge of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts statutes, financial and administrative infrastructure as they pertain to higher education.
2. PMP Certification.
3. Experience with Jenzabar or comparable enterprise software used in higher education to manage student accounts, accounting, and financial aid.
COMPENSATION: Annual Salary Range of $120,000 - $135,000 (dependent upon qualifications). Full-time, Non-Unit Professional position that includes participation in a comprehensive employee benefits program.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 8, 2017