Project Engineer Water Systems Engineering
EBA Engineering, Inc. is seeking a Project Engineer in Laurel, MD. The duties of this position are as follows.
- Perform new and rehabilitated designs of water and wastewater collection and distribution systems, pump stations, and treatment facilities using knowledge of physiochemical processes;
- Prepare detailed engineering assignments for water and wastewater treatment projects;
- Evaluate and optimize water and wastewater treatment systems; equipment selection, process piping design, design water distribution systems for potable or non-potable water, hydraulic profile calculations, and preparation of drawings and specifications using AutoCAD;
- Develop sewershed maps and perform data analysis in ArcInfo GIS;
- Perform hydraulic analyses of water supply systems or water distribution networks to model flow characteristics, test for pressure losses, or to identify opportunities to mitigate risks and improve operational efficiency and perform hydraulic modeling using WaterCAD software;
- Populate data, test and calibrate WaterCAD model; and perform Sanitary Sewer System Evaluation Studies.
- Apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations and identify discrepancies in results;
- Gather and correlate basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures;
- Stay current in codes and technologies appropriate to the particular engineering discipline; devise new approaches to problems encountered;
- Ensure conformance with standards, established engineering practices, applicable codes, and technical adequacy of design;
- Apply and obtain environmental permits; provide support during construction including attending meetings, review of shop drawings, response to requests for information, and contractor submittals; implement and follow Company Quality Control Procedures and provide client relations and implement project cost control.
A Master's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, plus 2 years of experience in a civil or environmental engineering occupation. The 2 years of required experience must have included working with WaterCAD, AutoCAD and ArcInfo GIS.
At EBA, we appreciate that our success depends upon the experience, knowledge, and teamwork of our staff. As such, we make our commitment count for our employees by valuing you and the work you do. We are committed to supporting diversity, opening doors, trading ideas, encouraging innovation, and giving our staff what they need to perform exceptional work in an exceptional atmosphere. We encourage you to explore an exciting new career with one of the Mid-Atlantics fastest growing engineering companies.
EBA Engineering offers great benefits such as health, life and STD. We also offer time off with pay and other great incentives for great employees. We also offer tuition reimbursement and paid training for employees that want to work hard and further their careers.
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 08:07:20 PDT