Chief Information and Technology Officer
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
1. Drive IT excellence across multiple domains, including: infrastructure, mobile computing, networking, analytics, user support, user interface, security, and emerging trends.
2. Maintain the security and integrity of our data and technology infrastructure, including alignment with statewide security initiatives.
3. Oversee and direct Information Technology operations.
4. Work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and administration to develop the information technology strategic plan.
5. Ensure IT initiatives are in alignment with the College’s strategic plan. Provide an overall annual tactical plan to optimize departmental effectiveness and productivity.
6. Provide solid IT knowledge, and consistently keep up-to-date with the advancements of the field to ensure that information technology adds the maximum value for our College and helps facilitate the success of our students.
7. Provide leadership and oversight with regard to planning, project management, and deliverables for both academic and administrative functional areas.
8. Develop and manage Information Technology budgets, including: expenditures for contracted services, commodities, personnel, and equipment required to maintain an efficient and effective operation.
9. Oversee vendor relationships, ensuring that annual maintenance and licensing agreements are maintained.
10. Provide leadership to all aspects of technological integration into College administrative and academic systems and facilitate optimal use of technology, both on and off campus. Lead integration of cybersecurity awareness, procedures, and practices across college.
11. Develop and recommend policies, procedures, and standards to guide the use of technology.
12. Assure maximum collaboration, coordination, and communication with the College community.
13. Actively assist in the teaching and learning process, working to support a student-centered environment.
14. Ensure that the Help Desk provides high quality, flexible and responsive customer service to the College community.
15. Plan and implement on-going professional development for IT staff to remain current in their field of specialization.
16. Serve on the college’s Leadership Council, the Academic Technology Committee, and other committees, as assigned.
17. Represent the College at state-level meetings involving information technology.
18. Other duties as assigned.
1. Superior interpersonal skills, a strong technical base, and demonstrated management skills.
2. Bachelor’s degree supplemented by a Master’s degree in a field related to the position to be filled, or equivalence as determined by the appointing authority.
3. Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Information Technology, including increasingly responsible managerial and technical responsibilities.
4. Significant experience with the maintenance and enhancement of ERP systems.
5. Strong project management experience, preferably, PMP Certification or other management methodology.
6. Web Portal, and Learning Management Systems integration experience.
7. Experience and ownership of technology resources for students, faculty and staff at-a-distance.
8. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, to work effectively with various constituencies, and to establish consensus on common technology goals.
9. Demonstrated success in team building.
10. Ability to recognize College-wide priorities and work cooperatively and collaboratively to support their accomplishment.
11. Demonstrated experience with and commitment to affirmative action, equity and an inclusive community in all respects in an academic environment.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Higher education information technology experience, preferably in a community college setting.
2. Extensive knowledge of Jenzabar, Banner or other higher education information applications.
3. PMP Certification.
COMPENSATION: Annual Salary Range of $110,000 - $120,000. Non-Unit Professional position, Includes participation in a comprehensive employee benefits program.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 8, 2017