Want to work for the #1 employer in the US? Want free meals, snacks, drinks, a gym membership, and other great perks?
Our client is looking for an Event Planner for a 6-12+ month contract position in Mountain View, CA.
The team provides world-class services for executive meetings and events. As an Event Planner, you will own the logistics that ensure success of our events and meetings. You will manage Client Expectations and ensure High Quality Events. You will be the point of contact/escalation for event issues.
This role requires diligence, in-depth accuracy, fantastic interpersonal skills and passion for live events.
- Main daily responsibilities:
- Full event management and production including all aspects of event logistics from development of content, AV production, catering, security, transportation, budget management, venue management, attendee generation & registration management, and other event-related marketing responsibilities.
- Interact with and manage multiple vendors, partners, company executives and a wide range of functional groups.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Project manage events, both in pre-production and post-event follow-up, following team best practices and offering innovations to those practices.
- Communicate event specifications to the internal crew and internal/external partner teams, with a focus on managing information flow; during and after events, and serve as an escalation point during events.
- Build relationships with internal team members and a wide range of stakeholders across our Client to manage expectations and ensure high-quality events.
- Process requests for guest invitation list, invite design & decorations, client communication, resource scheduling, cross team collaboration and metrics compilation, diligently using Google calendar, spreadsheets, documents and other tools.
- Assist with team logistics, and project management efforts.
- Engage appropriate services for the events, either scheduling internal resources or outsourcing as needed. Post event reporting as requested.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 - 6+ years of relevant experience in full event planning.
- At least 2+ years working with eventbrite and or event farm software.
- At least 2+ years of experience managing all aspects of a guest list for events ranging from 60 - 600+
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours.
- A high degree of professionalism and discretion, with the ability to maintain complete confidentiality of extremely sensitive, proprietary information
- High attention to detail with diligent work ethic.
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with an ability to think, plan and execute resourcefully on multiple, simultaneous projects under tight deadlines
- Able to work collaboratively, both as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to properly prioritize requests.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills with tact in highly visible, stressful situations.
Akorbi offers multilingual business solutions in more than 170 languages to some of the largest companies in the world. The company offers a full range of language, localization and global marketing solutions, including: professional staffing, translation, interpretation, multilingual call centers, business process outsourcing, sign language interpretation, alternate formats, transcription, eLearning and eDiscovery. The company holds several certifications including ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485:2003, EN 15038:2006 and M/WBE Certification.
Mountain View, CA
Tue, 11 Apr 2017 13:47:12 PDT