Our rapidly growing Logistics company is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our expanding Accounting Department.
Casual, fast-paced environment with flexible hours and opportunity for growth. Competitive compensation package, including full benefits and 401K. Conveniently located in Pleasanton at the intersection of 580/680, within walking distance of BART.
- Assist Accounts Receivable and client billing.
- Assist with month-end close.
- Performing monthly and year-end closes, credit card, and bank reconciliations, GL entries, and account reconciliations
- Process payroll.
- Track fixed assets and reconcile monthly.
- Maintain inventory record.
- Research special projects.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual general ledger entries and closing activities.
- Preparation of property tax returns, business licenses, and various other tax filings.
- Maintain data integrity with various ancillary systems that provide data.
- Assist with accounting projects as assigned by Assistant Controller & Senior Accountant.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field
- 2 years of accounting related or finance experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required. (vlookups/pivot tables)
- Must be results-oriented, able to manage timelines and proactively communicate on-going issues to various team members
- Ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions
- Strong understanding of accrual based GAAP accounting
- Strong proficiency in working under pressure and meeting continuous deadlines.
- Ability to learn new software quickly and enhance automation thru software integration
- Strong process improvement, organizational and problem solving skills with a passion for details.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and interact with all levels of management.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we comply with all state and federal anti-discrimination laws.
We will gladly provide reasonable accommodation or assistance to applicants or employees upon request.
Hire will be subject to passing a drug screen and criminal and employment background check. We e-verify.
Blackrock Logistics, Inc. is a boutique trucking firm headquartered in Pleasanton, CA, with service centers currently in the Pacific Northwest and Southern California and targeted expansion locations in the Southwest, the Midwest and the East Coast. We are customer focused and service and safety orientated.
Tue, 11 Apr 2017 18:54:10 PDT