This Optical Engineering position responsibilities includes supporting the construction and testing of complex optical systems related to the next generation advanced 3-D depth mapping. You will be helping with novel implementations of LIDAR and laser remote sensing.
A minimum of a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Optics/Optical Engineering or Physics with more than 5 years of relevant working experience is required. A Ph.D. in Optical Sciences or Optical Engineering is preferred. Candidates with other academic qualifications but having a good track record in the above requirements will also be considered for this or other opportunities.
Considerable and demonstrated experience using commercially available optical design and modeling tools (such as Zemax, ASAP, LightTools, Code V, R-Soft, etc.).
Good understanding of Optical and Systems Design Principles (theory & practical) is absolutely required.
Basic applicant skills and requirements are:
- Solid foundation in geometric, physical, and electro optics.
- Familiarity with various optical and electro-optical sources, components and photodetectors.
- Knowledge of resonant galvo and MEMS mirror scanning methods
- Considerable background in performing optical and opto-mechanical tolerancing work
- Strong understanding of design for manufacturability and reliability.
- Fluency with computing software such as Matlab, Mathematica, or Excel, and data acquisition software such as Labview.
- Have worked on multiple product development cycles from concept through production.
- Experience in writing technical reports and work instructions (including creating engineering drawings).
- Ability to work both independently and in a group setting.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills and ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Current eligibility to work in the US.
Experience in laser radar or depth mapping is highly desirable
If you are the best at what you do and like having fun doing it, you just found your new home. We are a diverse team of passionate and driven individuals, making us a powerhouse of innovation, design, and manufacturing.
Luminar Technologies, Inc. is pioneering the autonomous vehicle industry by developing the world's most advanced sensor systems. It is our goal to network with and hire the best and the brightest talent to be on the cutting edge of technological advancement.
If you are ready to be a part of something better apply to one of our exciting careers today.
Palo Alto, CA
Tue, 11 Apr 2017 08:44:40 PDT