Part-time Helpdesk Technician with opportunity for full-time
Helpdesk Technician (Willowbrook, IL)
Compensation: Based on Experience.
Today's Business Solution Inc. due to our growth we will be hiring IT Professionals to support our growth. The positions will be filled immediately.
The Support Technician role is a part-time position for Computer Science students looking to gain experience! The role is to ensure the stable operation of TBS networked solutions installed in primarily Public Libraries and Higher Education markets as well as other similar industries. This includes planning, installing, configuring, maintaining, and supporting all software and hardware products such as; PC Management, Print Management, Cashless Payment Systems and Hardware product lines. Daily and weekly work schedule is very dynamic and On-Call Support is also a requirement. The position requires routine travel to local installations.
Candidates must have experience in computers and network systems. Experience with Public Libraries or Higher Education markets a plus.
- Learns and follows standard conventions for hardware and software installation, problem diagnosis, and problem resolution. Provide technical support over the phone using remote access software as well as on-site support.
- Provide on-call technical support. Must be able to troubleshoot problems over the phone with customers.
- Perform network and security audits.
- Communicate with customers.
- Provide technical counsel and training to clients, sales, and administrative staff.
- Determines parts, supplies or tools needed to complete service requests.
- Relays any special problems to service management following each call.
- Uses, maintains, and secures test devices and tools used to adjust, calibrate, and repair equipment.
- Completes all required paperwork and reports (time sheets, service orders, forms, inventory, expense reports, daily project reports, service call reports, and equipment related items).
- Returns defective assemblies or parts to the main office and labels items.
- Must have valid driver's license with clean driving record.
- Must have a personal vehicle for use in travelling to customer sites as required.
- Must have a clean criminal record with no history of felony conviction.
- Must pass random drug testing.
- Ability to lift and move equipment as needed for repair or installation.
- Minimum 'Computer Science' student, or 2 Years' Experience.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Working knowledge of computers and network systems
- A+ or similar certifications preferred
- Proven technical aptitude
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Degree in electronics and network systems a plus
- Management Experience a Plus
- Data Management Experience a Plus
Today's Business Solutions Inc est. 1991 is a leader in Print Management, Mobile Printing, Computer Reservation, Cashless Payment solutions and Self Serve Scanning solutions.
Tue, 11 Apr 2017 14:06:29 PDT