Lead Payroll Specialist
Bukaty Companies' payroll division offers its new and existing clients a payroll solution that combines powerful technology with specialized service to address complex payroll and human mangement needs. The Lead Payroll Specialist leads a variety of functions within the payroll division, including managing new client conversion process, conducting training for new client groups, and responding to client service issues as needed. This position may supervise payroll support specialists as the team grows.
Must understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits, be able to process correct garnishment calculations and maintain understanding of compliance issues. Must have great customer service abilities. Good written and verbal communications skills are a must. Must have a broad understanding of payroll regulatory and legal requirements, particularly FLSA and taxation requirements.
- Supervises work activities of the department's payroll specialist(s), assisting with elevated service issues and managing the annual review process for direct report(s).
- Provides payroll demonstrations onsite, during webinars and at prospective client locations.
- Assists with payroll conversions for new and existing clients, gathering data for the implementation and providing training on processes and procedures.
- Provides ongoing support in conjunction with partner support teams, assisting payroll clients with routine payroll questions. Assists with client questions in order to process payroll; e.g. new employee setup, establishment of new earning and deduction codes; resolving general ledger questions.
- For identified clients, submits client payroll as needed from time records provided by client. Conducts proper analysis to detect potential time errors in accordance with established procedures. Enters employee data for benefits, time off, and/or payroll.
- Provides consultation to clients regarding a broad range of payroll related matters.
- Regular attendance at work is required.
- Manage work flow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Perform daily payroll department operations
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits, process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Execute time sheets and attendance processing and interface with payroll in conjunction with procedures
- Ability to develop ad hoc reporting for clients
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: College Degree or Equivalent, Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Human Resources preferred
Experience: Prefer minimum five years
Specific Skills: Principles and practices payroll accounting and auditing; Familiar with County, District, State, and Federal rules, regulations & policies affecting client financial activities; Knowledge of payroll regulations and related standard accounting practices; Proficient in computer systems/payroll software.
Licenses: CPP preferred
Travel: Some travel to client site may be required
The Bukaty Companies is a tobacco-free company and we perform pre-employment background checks. We are proud to be an EEO/AA, M/F/D/V employer. You must be eligible to work in the United States independent of company sponsorship.
Founded in 1992 by Mike Bukaty, Bukaty Companies is one of the Kansas City area,s largest privately owned employee benefits and insurance brokerage firms. From its early beginnings as a three-person office, the business has grown to more than 150 employees representing more than 1,600 health/welfare clients.
The success of Bukaty Companies stems from our long-standing tradition and commitment to providing outstanding client service. We value our relationships and work hard to earn our clients trust. As a result of our commitment to excellence our five year client retention rate is 96%.
The everyday actions of our employees are centered on very simple, but unwavering, principles. When everyone shares a common purpose, the rest falls into place.
Service - Accept personal responsibility for timely follow-up and resolution of service issues and continually seek opportunites to exceed client expectations.
Knowledge - Maintain a commitment to continuous learning, educating ourselves on recent industry developments and carrier changes to ensure our clients have the best information available to evaluate their employee benefit services.
Integrity - Uphold the highest of business principles by performing honestly and ethically in all of our dealings with carriers, vendors and clients.
Teamwork - Promote a climate of open communication, professional courtesy and strong internal support for our coworkers so that the daily work environment is enjoyable and rewarding, translating into improved service and value to our clients.
See more at: http://www.bukaty.com
Tue, 11 Apr 2017 13:15:15 PDT