Assessment and Academic Technology Specialist
Under the direction of the AVPAA, the Assessment and Academic Technology Specialist, is a member of the Center for Learning Excellence team, serves to support and help implement the SCU Assessment program for faculty members and students and provides direct support for the effective use of academic technology. This position requires strong technology, organizational and assessment knowledge and skills, and a minimum bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design or a related field. The Assessment and Academic Technology Specialist should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, problem-solving skills, ability to multi-task, set priorities, and complete tasks/projects while working independently. This position requires familiarity or previous experience with assessment and academic technology in higher education. The Assessment and Academic Technology Specialist works closely with the University Assessment Coordinator, Academic Support Office staff, Deans, faculty and students to provide optimal learning support resources and programs to the university.
- Provide support and resources to instructional faculty to enhance assessment of student learning. (including, but not limited to, organizing questions, setting up assessments and creating reports)
- Promote appropriate use of assessments and student performance results and reports within the Center for Learning Excellence
- Work with faculty and staff (e.g., ASO, LRC, program administrators) on standardization of input to ExamSoft
- Enter, maintain, retrieve and audit information from the ExamSoft and SofTest systems.
- Assist faculty with transfer of data between ExamSoft and other University data systems (e.g., Jenzabar eLearning, Akindi)
- Help coordinate, create, and deliver training programs for faculty and students on use of assessment technology and tools, including ExamSoft and SofTest.
- Demonstrate technical aptitude and ability to learn new software and technology systems
- Communicate effectively in response to questions from non-technology personnel
- Prepare reports on student and program progress, as needed
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of instructional and testing materials
- Provide accurate information and timely services and reports to administration, faculty, staff and students
- Serve on university committees as assigned
- Support the university mission through words and actions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in education or related field. Experience in higher education. Knowledge of student learning, educational assessment and reporting.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in an office environment.
- Ability to be self-directed and proactive in identifying potential problems and finding solutions.
- Knowledgeable in Windows based computer applications including the MSOffice suite of applications.
- Strong computer and technology skills
- Experience with (or at minimum aptitude for) ExamSoft or similar assessment management program.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve challenges encountered by faculty and students related to assessment in a timely and effective manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities with constant deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimum of supervision.
- Excellent customer service attitude and skills.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
Apply for Assessment and Academic Technology Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly