We are hiring a QA Analyst/Lead for a Contract position in Torrance, CA
FOR IMMEDIATE DETAILS ABOUT THIS POSITION, feel free to contact EITHER of US direct and reference the job#:
SUMIT KUMAR: (714) 576 - 7031
MICHELL CASEY: (949) 860 - 4715
E M A I L: email@example.com
Position: QA Analyst/Lead
Job Ref#: 29194
Duration: 12-24+ Months (On-going/Long-term Contract)
Location: Torrance, CA 90501 (on-site only)
Rate: Open/Market Rate, depends on experience level (W2 ONLY)
** We will NOT accept 3rd party, Corp to Corp (C2C) or Independent (INC/1099) contractors for this role **
A global company has an immediate need to hire a IT professional for a long-term, on-going contract. The average consultants has been with this client between 6-10 years. If you are looking for a long-term stable opportunity, than this is the ideal position for you. All work will be performed on-site and you must be available for a face to face interviews.
• Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
• Collects and analyzes data for software process evaluation and improvements, and integrates them into business process to address the business needs.
• Documents all problems and assists in their resolution.
• Delivers quality process training to technical staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners.
• Performs quality audits across the various IT functions to ensure quality standards, procedures and methodologies are being followed.
Daily Tasks Performed:
• Review Business Requirements & Technical Specs to guide testing approach.
• Raise questions to clarify vague documentation from Biz or Tech teams.
• Determine high level estimate for test effort.
• Create test plan, test schedule and test matrix for projects.
• Guide testers in writing detailed test scripts.
• Track test script execution and report progress to Mgmt.
• Review test results for accuracy and thoroughness and provide feedback.
• Escalate issues causing testing inconsistencies or delays.
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: (Resume must reflect this experience)
• 4+ years as a Test Analyst, having created and maintained QA documentation (Test plan, test cases/scripts, defect reports/analysis, etc.).
• Experience as a Financial Services and leading testing efforts
• Experience creating, maintaining, and executing test scripts.
• In depth knowledge in SQL using Oracle and/or SQL server.
• Strong background in Quality Center functionality.
• Experience with testing new technology as well as legacy systems.
• In depth knowledge of QA practices, policies, and methodologies.
• Must be available to interview in-person.
• Must have a stable work history, working in a similar role.
• Must have excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills.
• Education: BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent work experience.
• Automotive Finance industry experience.
• Open enrollment for Medical/Dental/Vision benefits (Aetna).
• 401K Retirement program.
• Paid Bi-Weekly/Direct Deposit.
• Flex Spending Plan.
• Voluntary Life, AD&D, STD or LTD plans.
Calance is a recognized leader in providing top-tier Information Technology professionals across North America. With over 25 years of experience recruiting professionals ranging from Programmers to CIOs, Calance provide valuable staffing solutions for short and long term projects, as well as your permanent hiring needs. Our professionals are experts at helping organizations realize their information technology goals by selecting the best talent for each project or position.
Calance helps clients respond quickly to economic, strategic or technological changes by utilizing a flexible workforce. We offer highly-skilled professional IT consultants on a temporary or project basis. Consultants are employees of Calance while on assignment for the client, allowing for cost savings, risk management and operational benefits.
Calance's Contract-to-Hire option allows an IT organization to evaluate an individual before making a decision to bring them on as a full-time employee. Depending on the length of the temporary assignment, placement fees are waived or reduced.
Calance realizes that IT organizations often have needs for talented people to fill specific roles and that filling those needs can be challenging. Our highly experienced Account Managers and recruiting staff work closely with our clients to determine the desired skills, background and traits required for the position.
We apply our unique recruiting methodology to locate and recruit the most highly qualified candidates to match the requirements of your full-time employee position. Calance can assist in every step of the hiring process, from determining the exact job requirements to final negotiations, to help bring on-board the candidates you need.
Sat, 1 Apr 2017 20:13:02 PDT