Quality Control/Assurance Manager
Position has responsibility for coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned engineering work;
- Monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices, and contract standards;
- Ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
- Responsible to ensure all engineering project work meets all commitments to the client consistent with the Quality Plan.
- Maintains lead communicator position with client, manages client expectations, advises EBA senior management on project status, and provides leadership, definition and direction to the project team.
- Ensures that project is properly staffed with qualified technical and administrative personnel so that project schedules and budget are met.
- Responsible and accountable to ensure that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants.
- Not responsible to ensure the technical accuracy of specific design details in areas where not qualified. Expected however, to have sufficient technical knowledge and awareness of details to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing in the various disciplines, and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
While on a project, the quality representatives report to the Quality Assurance Manager, who has ultimate responsibility for both the quality and effective execution of project assignments.
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation of the following:
• Project engineering schedules and forecasts.
• Coordination and checking of engineering deliverables.
• Monthly project status reports and change orders.
•Tracking Quality reports and deliverables
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
- Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects.
- Requires extensive regular contact with assigned project Clients.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Budget monitoring and trend tracking.
- Participating in Client/contractor meetings and resolving Client/engineering and management project issues.
- Train, direct, and supervise construction inspectors.
- Review and approve project Client invoices.
- Ensure effective engineering and Client communications.
- Issue violation notices (Non conformance) and suspend work when the construction is not according to contract document and specifications.
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, and over ten years of experience with advance knowledge, obtainable usually through a combination of experience and continuing education; or
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Professional Engineering License or ability to obtain within 3 months
- Experience with Maryland DOT or District of Columbia DOT preferred
- Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing:
• Experience in working with multiple discipline projects.
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
• Experience in working with Primavera Scheduling software
• Licensed engineer in Maryland or District of Columbia
• Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
• Background screening includes previous employment, education, criminal history, and driving record verification.
- Work Environmental & Physical Demands:
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Overtime may be necessary as work load's dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
• Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but may require travel to and visit a Client's office, production facility or industrial/construction job site. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
• May be assigned to work at a Client's office, facility or site for an extended period of time. Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
At EBA, we appreciate that our success depends upon the experience, knowledge, and teamwork of our staff. As such, we make our commitment count for our employees by valuing you and the work you do. We are committed to supporting diversity, opening doors, trading ideas, encouraging innovation, and giving our staff what they need to perform exceptional work in an exceptional atmosphere. We encourage you to explore an exciting new career with one of the Mid-Atlantics fastest growing engineering companies.
EBA Engineering offers great benefits such as health, life and STD. We also offer time off with pay and other great incentives for great employees. We also offer tuition reimbursement and paid training for employees that want to work hard and further their careers.
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 07:43:52 PDT