IT Support Assistant
Put your computer skills to use!
We are looking for a highly motivated and trustworthy individual to work in our Information Systems department as an IT Support Assistant.
Compensation will be based on knowledge and experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, health, dental & life insurance and 401K. Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and require no sponsorship now or in future.
This is a full-time, entry-level position with great opportunity for advancement with a growing company.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties and possess the following qualities/skills:
- Under general direction, provide timely and accurate computer operations and help services and support to internal computer users
- Diagnose and resolve user problems covering software, hardware, phones and printers
- Install, troubleshoot and modify computer hardware and software
- Perform routine Windows, Anti-Virus and application software security updates
- Clearly communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Assist programmers as part of the Information Systems team
- Document and report on support activities, status and resolution on a daily basis
- Organize and monitor backups as directed
- Other duties as needed and as capabilities allow
- Entry-Level: High School Diploma/GED (certification or Associates Degree in Computer Science or computer-related field preferred)
- Punctuality, excellent attendance and a strong work ethic
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Self motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Good interpersonal skills and courtesy toward non-technical personnel
- Experience with hardware and software issues
- Proficient in internet related applications such as e-mail and web browsers
- Thorough knowledge of Windows XP, 7 and 10 operating systems
- Thorough knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and anti-virus software
- Knowledge of configuration of Windows-based PCs
- Ability to learn new applications
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information and systems
- Ability to physically execute the requirements of the position, including standing, walking, lifting, bending, stooping, reaching, crawling, climbing, etc.
Preferred, not required:
- IT Help Desk Experience
- Server/File Backup Experience
- Scripting Skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server 2008
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
- Columbia, MO facility
- Monday-Friday; 8:00 am - 4:30 pm; overtime as required
- Benefits package available after 90-day probation
J2 Scientific manufactures and sells environmental lab equipment worldwide. Our teams possess a great sense of pride and ownership. Our values encourage focusing on customers, quality, curiosity, passion, teamwork and integrity.
J2 Scientific is a great place to work, where your creativity is encouraged and welcomed, dress is casual, and the hours are stable. Our benefits include health, dental and life insurance, 12 paid personal days per year that increase with seniority, 8 paid holidays and a 401K plan. Terrific people, challenging work and a convenient location in Columbia make J2 Scientific the best place to put your talents to work!
Sun, 9 Apr 2017 12:39:13 PDT