Computer Technician PT
The Computer Technician PT works as a team and individually to maintain the functionality and appearance of classroom computer labs. In this role you will assist students, faculty and staff with hardware and software related questions concerning computers, A/V equipment and other school resources including the network. This position works as part of a team to schedule and implement the deployment of new hardware/software in labs and offices. They also assist faculty and staff with the setup, imaging, and general maintenance of office computers. This position will troubleshoot and repair PCs/printers/other lab equipment in a timely manner and deploy, update and maintain mobile devices using various methods, including MDM software.
Title: Computer Technician PT
Posted Date: 04/11/2017
Job Category: Staff
Department: Instructional Technologies - HITC
Position Status: Part-Time Staff
Salary Range: $17.55-21.94
Minimum Level of Experience Required:
Six months to two years of relevant experience.
Minimum Level of Education Required:
An Associate's degree or completion of a specialized course of study (i.e. vocational school)
Specialized Certification Required:
Other Minimum Requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to work with computer related hardware and software and at least one year of experience maintaining computer labs or networks.
- High attention to detail including demonstrated organizational skills in maintaining labs and records as well as the mechanical aptitude and ability to adhere to detailed instructions.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills; including a demonstrated commitment to providing superior customer service and also the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with diverse student populations, faculty, staff and the public.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends to meet the needs of the college and work under minimal supervision and with attention to details and deadlines.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs with or without accommodations.
Additional Important Information Regarding this Position:
- This position requires knowledge of Windows, OSX, Android and iOS. Experience with Altiris, VMWare, FTK and EnCase a plus.
- This position requires adaptability to meet the needs of various departments.
- The person must be able to function on a largely independent basis.
- Experience with computer lab management packages such as Altiris or PDQ.
- Experience with mobile device management software.
- Experience with Windows 7, 8 and 10. Experience with OSX.
Hours per Week: 20
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae