Assistant Director, Western Colorado MSW Prgrm
*Please note this position is based in Glenwood Springs, CO. Under the direction of the Four Corners MSW Program Director, the Assistant Director will provide coordination and coverage of program activities. This position supports the MSW Director with two major functions:
- Coordination and administration of the activities of the educational programs.
- Development and supervision of field education sites and agencies.
The Assistant Director is present for the weekend based program on Fridays and Saturdays throughout the academic school year to support students, faculty, and staff in all aspects of program operations. Under the direction of the MSW Program Director, the Assistant Director is responsible for managing program internal and external program communications and coordinating student and faculty services on-site. As an MSW, the Assistant Director may be asked to serve on various Councils or community teams. The Assistant Director provides supervision to Program Administrative Assistant as needed. The Assistant Director shall act as Program Director when Director is not present.
- Program Administration
- Field Education:
- Community Engagement
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of rural social work practice and the ability to engage with rural (and tribal) stakeholders
- Knowledge of the NASW Code of Ethics and application to social work education
- Knowledge of the Standards and Indicators for Cultural Competence in Social Work Practice
- Knowledgeable of principles of supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including cultural humility
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and ability to relate to diverse groups
- Demonstrated leadership skills including being able to work under pressure, using creative problem solving skills and working independently
- Ability to understand FERPA, HIPPA, and other confidentiality laws
- Ability to analyze budgets, data, and create reports
- Familiar with Educational Management System (Canvas/Blackboard etc.)
- MSW degree from a CSWE accredited institution
- 3-5 years of administrative social work practice
- Colorado Social Work License
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Tuesday, April 25, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.