Senior Project Manager Structural Steel
~~Plans, Directs and coordinates activities of designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives of each project are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters by performing the following duties by the project manager and/or through subordinate supervisors. Strong ability to represent the company well to customers as well as being able to bring in new business.
Reports to / Supervision Received:
• General Manager
• Review project proposal and plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects.
• Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of projects and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
• Once project becomes an order the Project Manager is to become familiar with scope and project details in the contract.
• Directs and coordinates activities of project with customers and maintain communication between customers, architects, engineers and detailing firms.
• Checks all drawings from detailers before fabrication process.
• Coordinates purchasing of material with purchasing agent.
• Coordinate material and drawings to the shop per schedule established with KSFs' general manager.
• Oversee the M-tickets, nests and packing lists for submittal to shop.
• Coordinate delivery schedule, transportation and installation.
• Direct communication with field erector.
• Responsible for all change orders and billings.
~~Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
• Engineering Degree, preferred or High School Diploma
• 5 years experience as a structural steel project management
• Ability to complete tasks without supervision.
Financial Responsibility and Authority:
• Financial: Responsible for the financial success of each project
• Internal and External Business Contacts: All contracted clientele, sub-contractors and vendors
• Supervisory: Project Assistants
Kern Steel Fabrication is one of the top mid-size fabricators in the country. We have a 60 year history of proven quality work in every aspect of steel fabrication, from energy and commercial to industrial, government and more. We are committed to building long-term relationships and customer satisfaction through continual improvements, dependability, and quality in a safe professional work environment. Located in central California we close to much of the unique qualities the state has to offer.
Tue, 11 Apr 2017 14:01:09 PDT