Assistant III, Administrative
General Statement of Job
To provide clerical and administrative support.
Location As assigned. Hours 40 hours/week. Typically 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Some occasional earlier or later days depending on department activities. Salary Assistant 5/115 ($25,376.00 - $36,252.00) FLSA Status Non-Exempt Reports To Department Chair, Speech Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Additional Job Specific Duties
- Maintain relationship with vendors and textbook publishers.
- Process and ensure accuracy with new hire paper work.
- Take detailed minutes at faculty meetings and manage the live streaming of meetings via WebEx/Skye or similar program.
- Enter initial faculty assignments/teaching loads for each semester based on e-staffing results.
- Ensure textbooks have been ordered for each scheduled course.
- Manage department calendar and keep faculty abreast of upcoming deadlines in the department and college.
- Compose well written, error free documents and e-mails on behalf of the department.
- Submit payroll stipends for faculty.
- Solicit new hire mentors and substitutes when necessary.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Office procedures and practices.
- Customer service techniques.
- Basic bookkeeping procedures.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Preparing and processing purchase orders and/or other purchasing liaison skills such as procurement card (P-Card) reconciliation, preparing requisitions, etc.
- Managing the budget within assigned department.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Entering data, maintaining files, and performing other clerical duties.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Effective customer-orientation when working with a diverse population.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- May also use social media, work with desktop publishing, and update webpages.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Experience using all aspects of the Google Suite.
- High school diploma or educational equivalent.
- Associate Degree preferred.
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Works well with a diverse group of individuals (students, faculty, and administration).
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.