Position Number: 53059362
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Salary Minimum: $19.72 per hour
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Prospect Researcher. This position is key to the development of a donor pipeline for support of the University. The Prospect Researcher will be responsible for identifying and pre-qualifying prospects with the capacity to make major gifts to UNG. In addition, this position will create and implement procedures for prospect management, set priorities, conduct and verify prospect research, analyze and evaluate data, assist with portfolio assignments, and assist with annual financial forecasting. This position will also be responsible for extensive reporting to management.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Prospect Researcher duties include:
- Proactive and Reactive research using various research tools. Mapping and locating alumni for alumni gatherings, development officer travel, and Vice President or President visits.
- Monthly and quarterly management reports tracking prospects, suspects, donors, and actions. This process involves working with the development officers to gather the information needed.
- Manage Development Officer portfolios. Lead monthly prospect management team meetings .Recommend donor prospects for portfolio assignments based on research conducted. Analyze data and strategize prospect moves management to maximize potential giving.
- Develop, document and manage processes and procedures for donor research and moves management in accordance with CASE, APRA, and advancement best practices. Insure that all processes maintain donor confidentiality.
- Update or establish donor records with relevant prospect information with adherence to database protocol.
- Other duties as requested by Director of Advancement Services.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and basic use of office equipment
- Knowledge of ResearchPoint, Raisers Edge, Wealth Engine, and Lexis Nexis preferred
- Reeher experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, a high degree of accuracy, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills imperative as this position interacts with both internal and external constituents
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of two (2) years prospect research experience
- Experience with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge software is preferred
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: The successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.