Position Number: 53060008
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Gainesville
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a HR Assistant. Under the direction of the Assistant Director of HR Operations, the HR Assistant performs a variety of administrative support work related to the day-to-day operations of the human resources department.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The HR Assistant will:
- Answer incoming calls to the main HR line in a professional and courteous manner. Respond to emails sent to the general HR mailbox and route to the appropriate area as necessary. Greet employees and visitors to the department; answer general questions.
- Process background check release forms for all employees and university affiliates; Prepare final onboarding documents to be completed by new hires. Assist faculty, staff and students with completion of paperwork.
- Respond to requests for employment verifications; Input employee Form I-9 employment eligibility verification data into the E-Verify system; Assist other institutions with completion of Form I-9 section 2 as participants in CUPA-HR I-9 Reciprocal Processing Consortium.
- Generate UNG ID (or Banner ID) number for staff and university affiliates in the Banner Student Information System; Update changes to legal names of faculty and staff in Banner; Submit network, email, ID card and parking decal request form for faculty, staff and university affiliates.
- Process departmental mail; Keep track of supply inventory; Compile staff welcome packets.
- Assist various HR functional areas with special projects or events as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with administrators, employees and the public
- Ability to use independent judgment, familiarity with office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and various software/online programs such as ADP, Banner, e-Verify
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six (6) months to one (1) year experience working in an HR or Higher Education environment
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: The successful candidate must be able to pass a background check which will include a credit check. Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.