Senior Instructional Assistant, #S03520
Senior Instructional Assistant (Chemistry)
$23.26 - $31.48 per hour
Online applications must be received by April 25, 2017.
Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, Chemistry Department, has need for a part-time, 20 hours per week, Senior Instructional Assistant, #S03520. Work schedule is Monday - Friday 10:00am to 2:00 pm, however hours may vary depending on departmental needs. Saturday hours may be required during peak times. This is a 10 month position working during the academic year.
Senior Instructional Assistant will maintain assigned instructional laboratory and support and coordinate the daily operations and activities for both the general chemistry and organic chemistry laboratory courses.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assemble/set-up and break-down laboratory experiments, demonstrations in order to support instructional objectives.
- Prepare and distribute chemicals, supplies and equipment for Instructional laboratories and classroom demonstrations .
- Ensure smooth operation of the instructional laboratories
- Maintain laboratory areas, equipment storage, tools, supply/stock rooms, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of Instructional laboratories and prep areas for lab coursework.
- Perform minor maintenance or troubleshooting on specialized science laboratory equipment.
- Dispose of hazardous chemical wastes in accordance with applicable hazardous waste regulations and procedures.
- Inspect and test safety equipment and supplies.
- Assist instructors and students during labs as necessary, issue materials during labs.
- Oversee student assistants during their work hours.
- Ensure student compliance for safety rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or any combination of education and training providing understanding of the field.
- Two years of experience in a laboratory appropriate to the position assignment, setting up and maintaining appropriate materials and equipment.
- Knowledge of the methods, procedures, principles, practices, and techniques of assigned subject area laboratory work, tools, equipment and materials, and hazard/safety precautions.
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures, instructional technology, equipment and educational materials employed in assigned instructional laboratory.
- Knowledge of and ability to use office applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, etc., and internet and Windows-based applications.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Experience with analytical spectroscopy and chromatography instrumentation (i.e. NMR, FTIR, GC-MS, AA, HPLC)
- Recent experience in an academic laboratory environment.
Application Process :
- Online applications must be received by April 25, 2017.
- To apply, please visit http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment .
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information. You can update and edit information up to the closing date for the receipt of applications for a specific job announcement.
- For consideration, you must:
- Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4); and
- E-sign your application. (Step 9)
Failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire :
- Successful completion of a background check
- Participation in a retirement plan
- Submission of an official transcript of the degree required for the position
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks (from the deadline date) to fill.
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace.
For disability- related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Job Academic Support & Libraries
Primary Location US-MD-Rockville
Organization VP & Provost - TP/SS
Job Posting Apr 10, 2017, 11:00:00 PM
Unposting Date Apr 25, 2017, 10:59:00 PM