Linux Systems Administrator
Excel Micro is a j2 Global® company focusing on Cloud based email security services for businesses. It offers a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance, while offering the benefits and opportunities of a successful global Cloud company. The work environment is fast-paced, challenging, and fun.
The Systems administrator reports to the Manager of Systems Operations as a key member of a dynamic technical team. This position will have a direct impact on email systems and storage management for a large multi-site Linux infrastructure protecting over 10 million mailboxes for domestic and international markets.
As a Systems administrator you will work closely with members of the Systems Operations team to build, manage and maintain a suite of online email security products. You will also maintain some aspects of the internal office network and systems in the Philadelphia office.
This is a high profile opportunity within a highly profitable and very dynamic high tech company. We've established a strong foundation to make us the undisputed leader in our space. Now we need to add an experienced, collaborative, and passionate UNIX professional to help us support and develop services for our customers.
- Maintain and enhance customized email applications.
- Systems automation, monitoring, and performance tuning.
- Troubleshooting and bug resolution of application errors in a rotating "on call" environment.
- Provide tier 3 technical support to major clients and to the support team.
- Execute and automate new system roll-outs, migrations and modifications.
- Manage and maintain internal office network and systems.
Job Requirements and Experience:
- Working experience with a high traffic, managed, scalable and fault-tolerant Linux environment.
- Good working knowledge of: Perl, Python or Go
- Experience with systems automation and configuration management tools such as ansible, puppet, or chef.
- Experience with change management policies and procedures.
- Experience with container based virtualization.
- In depth experience with MySQL, from databases to clustering and high availability.
- Experience working with SMTP and IMAP protocols and software.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You are service-oriented and enjoy working with engineers to manage, deploy and tune high volume applications in a cloud environment.
- You are motivated and keep on top of current technical trends along with deep knowledge of your tools of choice.
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate strong problem-solving methodology and the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as external vendors
- You are reliable and we can count on you in times of need and are used to being on call or pager duty.
- Cisco network training such as CCNA or CCENT is a plus.
j2 Cloud Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are located in Essington and offer:
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and 401k
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parking or Transit Reimbursement
LiveVault,® a brand of j2 Cloud Services Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:JCOM), is a powerhouse in online data backup and Disaster Recovery. One of the few online backup and DR companies in the world with ISO 27001 certification; LiveVault,® has worked with customers since 2003 to ensure that their scheduled or continuous data backups are executed flawlessly and that data can be restored from any location at any time.
LiveVault,® is committed to providing fully managed and monitored online backup service, while continuing to expand the possibilities of online backup, and educate business owners on the risks of data loss.
About j2 Cloud Services:
Founded in 1995, j2 Cloud Services (NASDAQ:JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of Internet services through its two divisions: Business Cloud Services and Digital Media.
The Business Cloud Services Division offers Internet fax, virtual phone, hosted email, email marketing, online backup, unified communications and CRM solutions. It markets its services principally under the brand names eFax,®, eVoice, FuseMail,®, Campaigner,®, KeepItSafe,® and Onebox,® and operates a messaging network spanning 49 countries on six continents.
The Digital Media Division, created with j2 Cloud Services. November 2012 acquisition of Ziff Davis, Inc.
Ziff Davis, Inc. is the leading digital media company specializing in the technology, gaming and men's lifestyle categories, reaching over 117 million unique visitors per month. Ziff Davis sites include IGN.com, PCMag.com, AskMen.com, ComputerShopper.com, ExtremeTech.com, Geek.com, LogicBuy.com and Toolbox.com. Ziff Davis also operates NetShelter, the largest community of technology publishers dedicated to consumer electronics, computing and mobile communications. Ziff Davis B2B is a leading provider of online research to enterprise buyers and high-quality leads to IT vendors.
As of December 31, 2015, j2 Cloud Services had achieved 20 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
For more information about j2, please visit www.j2global.com.
At j2 Global,®, we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
j2 Global offers competitive salaries, health benefits, a 401K, and company-sponsored events. If you're seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then j2 is the place for you.
Tue, 11 Apr 2017 16:55:09 PDT