HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
JOB NO.: 90290-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: DOIT/HUMAN RESOURCES
Categories: Human Resources, Payroll
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 90290-AS
Working Title: Human Resources Assistant Director
Official Title: SR HUMAN RESOURCES SPEC(S36BN) or HUMAN RESOURCES SPEC(S36DN)
Hiring Department: A060350-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/HUMAN RESOURCES
Anticipated Begin Date: JUNE 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Advertised Salary: Minimum $65,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources preferred, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience: Required Qualifications
* Minimum of 3 years human resources experience in a large, complex environment providing expert advice and independent decision-making. Duties must demonstrate: collaboration with diverse stakeholder group, effective conflict resolution skills, and management level coaching and feedback. (A minimum of 7 years of experience to be considered for the Senior level.)
* Experience applying complex human resources laws, policies and procedures relating to workforce relations, performance management and medical leave. Examples include: Affirmative Action/EEO, Wisconsin Statutes, Wisconsin Administrative Code, Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, etc.
* Experience with and dedication to providing customer-centered service with a commitment to continuous improvement.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to relate complex information in an understandable fashion to a variety of people with various levels of knowledge on the topic.
* Experience using technology for innovative and efficient administration of HR and office activities such as: Office 365, OneNote, Qualtrics, etc. Experience using and troubleshooting software such as Human Resources Information System, Applicant Tracking System, web-based tools, etc. Willingness to learn and teach expertise to others.
* Current SHRM certification: PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP
* Experience working in a high volume technical environment. Ability to develop new recruitment processes and identify improvements in order to achieve desired results. Ability to understand highly technical positions and those in high demand in the job market.
* Experience creating and delivering training modules related to new policies or skill development.
Position Summary: The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) Human Resources is a model for human resources and excellence at UW-Madison. We seek to innovate, build collaborative work relationships, focus on customer-centered service and commit to continuous improvement. The DoIT HR Assistant Director plays a key leadership role within the division and on campus, acting as backup to the DoIT HR Director. Primary responsibilities include providing human resources consultation to management and employees regarding workforce relations, medical leave, performance, training, and other related issues. This position requires extensive communication, often of a highly sensitive nature, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with DoIT management and staff, university and state agency administrators, and the general public. This position also utilizes various resources, data and sound judgment in order to identify proper resolution in complex situations.
The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) provides information technology services to UW-Madison, all UW campuses, and the UW System and other agencies, operating with a budget of over $110 million. DoIT employs approximately 900 employees including highly technical IT staff, management, administrative support and students.
Contact: Bradley Molzahn
Relay Access (WTRS): 7-1-1 (out-of-state: TTY: 800.947.3529, STS: 800.833.7637) and above Phone number (See RELAY_SERVICE for further information. )
Instructions to applicants: Please note that DoIT is not able to provide sponsorship for this position.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should specifically address the Required Qualifications listed in the Relevant Work Experience section.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: 11 Apr 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: 9 May 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time