Director of Payer Authorization/UKHC
The University of Kentucky Healthcare (UKHC) Enterprise is seeking a Director for Insurance Authorization. The Director will oversee the integrated direction of the Enterprise Standardized Insurance Authorization processes to provide timely and accurate access to support patient care, education, research, revenue cycle and legal requirements. Through leadership abilities and knowledge of clinical and insurance requirements, the Director will set goals and objectives for the department. Additional duties include, but are not limited to: setting achievable plans for implementation of goals, which will contribute to the Quality, Safety, and Service agenda for this area and the UKHC Enterprise; focusing on continuous process improvements to decrease lost revenue associated to lack of insurance eligibility or authorizations for services; and providing supervision and leadership for the department.
Director of Payer Authorization/UKHC
Director Insurance Authorization
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The physical requirements of this position include: occasionally lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects up to and over 15lbs; occasionally standing or walking with objects up to 10lbs; sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time while performing repetitive motions (such as typing); standing for extended periods of time; traversing campus for meetings; and traveling off-site for meetings.
Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 5:00p. Some holidays and weekends per business needs.
The ideal candidate will have clinical knowledge and be able to converse and collaborate with clinical faculty, staff, and insurance personnel.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Master's degree with experience in Healthcare Access and/or Operations are preferred. Additionally, a degree in nursing and clinical experience including documentation and coding are preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience providing leadership and management in a healthcare access setting.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please describe your experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter