Desktop Support Assistant Technician
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is accepting applications for a Desktop Support Assistant Technician in the department of Information and Technology Services. Will work as a member of The Citadel's Information Technology Services team to provide technical support to the college's faculty, staff, and students.
Responsible for performing duties related to the support of Tier 3 tasks through The Citadel's IT ticket system; on-site troubleshooting, diagnostic and repair of faculty, staff, and student computer systems and peripherals.
Responsible for assisting with the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and repair of all computing equipment including Windows-compatible computers, Apple computers, laser-jet printers, scanners, and projectors. Provides full computer software installation and configuration. Assists with documentation. Delivers formal and informal training to end users.
Minimum and Additional Requirements:
- High school diploma (or equivalent).
- Excellent customer service skills; strong commitment to customer service.
- Understanding and appreciation for needs of users in an academic environment; tact and sensitivity in dealing with a diverse user community.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills. Ability to work independently, self-starter. Must be prompt and responsible.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have the ability to drive a van and golf cart; must have a valid SC driver's license.
- CompTIA A+ Certification or related experience.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Resumes will not be reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Military experience is not a requirement of this position, but the successful candidate will develop an understanding of the military character of The Citadel as an integral part of the college's identity.
Applicants indicating college credit or degree(s) on the application may be required to present an official copy of the college transcript upon employment.
The Citadel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer actively committed to ensuring diversity in all campus employment.