Field Technology Specialist
The Information Technology Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical support & related technical services to all Front Porch business and residential lab computer users. This position provides both telephone and in-person support to end-users to ensure full and effective utilization of technology and smooth performance of all end-user systems and peripherals. This position is involved in all aspects of end-user technology from implementation and training, to the day to day support and maintenance as well as troubleshooting and problem resolution. The IT Support Specialist should be able to learn and function successfully in a fast paced emerging technology and team focused environment while at the same time deliver high quality service and achieving total customer satisfaction.
Customer Service Requirements
• Ability to clearly understand customer needs, meet them successfully in a manner that exceeds the customers' expectations and results in total customer satisfaction
• Maintain positive attitude and friendly demeanor at all times
• Communicate clearly and effectively, both written and spoken
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
• Apply Front Porch Core Values in every aspect of your work
• Work is to be completed timely with consistent accuracy and attention to detail and positive results
• Communicate effectively with Management, specifically to key escalation person (IT Helpdesk Team Manager)
• Develop a professional, courteous, and long lasting relationship with our customers
• Establish and maintain productive working relationships with internal and external customers
• Provide and demonstrate good judgment in escalation procedures following support guidelines
• Travel to facilities in Los Angeles, Orange and Ventura Counties and occasionally San Diego and San Jose areas -- including overnight stays at facility/hotel
• Learn and master all end-user technologies employed by the organization
• Install, maintain, upgrade and troubleshoot desktop applications
• Install, maintain, upgrade and troubleshoot end-user hardware including workstations, printers, scanners, copiers, iPhones, iPads, Tablets
• Configure workstations and laptops using duplication/imaging software
• Move computers, printers, equipment within, around, and to facilities
• Maintain & update inventory, user and support databases based on work performed
• Research issues with the use of search engines, software tools, knowledge base's, books and manuals
• Train and provide in-person and telephone support to customers
• Provide rotational once a month weekend on-call support for Helpdesk voicemail messages left and emails sent to Helpdesk
• Create documentation for end users, in services, and when otherwise instructed
• Basic knowledge of emerging technologies: Office Suite upgrades & OS upgrades
• Basic Knowledge of TCP/IP Network and Active Directory
• Communicate effectively to all team members on the status of work completed, outstanding, or otherwise on a daily basis
• Keep task list up-to-date daily including the ability to organize, prioritize, plan and schedule work
• Verify work tasks daily at the beginning and ending of each day with Help Desk Team Manager
• Ability to complete paperwork on a weekly basis (expense reports, status reports, etc.)
• Work closely with supervisor to provide ways of improving customer service
• Recommend changes and process improvements to management
• Complete special projects and all other duties as assigned
Two years minimum experience working with PC systems, their set-up, maintenance, and repair. A+ certification preferred. Previous experience developing and providing user training and support.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and paid-time off.
Final candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background clearance.
We support all aspects of diversity and provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or status as a veteran in accordance with the applicable nondiscrimination laws.
Submit resume with salary history.
Front Porch Communities & Services is headquartered in Glendale, CA, has revenues approaching $200 million, and employs approximately 2,200 people. FPCS is a not-for-profit support system for a family of communities that serve individuals and families through retirement and affordable housing communities, skilled nursing centers, and related senior and human services. FPCS was formed in 1999 by bringing together Pacific Homes, California Lutheran Homes, and FACT, and owns and operates 12 retirement communities serving over 3,000 residents, primarily in California. Further information about FPCS can be found on the website at www.frontporch.net.
Sun, 2 Apr 2017 16:54:22 PDT