Public Health Security Lead Management Analyst
At Cadmus, our Homeland Security Sector seeks candidates to support its Public Health business area at the Office of Health Affairs (OHA). The OHA experts guide DHS leaders on medical and public health issues connected to national security. OHA teams build relationships between DHS, public health, and first responder communities nationwide to ensure agencies can work together in a crisis. In furtherance of these missions, OHA produces a variety of written materials for internal and external audiences that would benefit from editorial content and presentation improvements.
Note: This position will be located on a client site. Finalists must be able to pass a DHS Suitability check.
- Provide writing and other editorial services to OHA for various materials for internal and external audiences, such as concepts of operations, exercise materials, web content, training briefings and publications, reports, standard operating procedures, and other documents that will benefit from professional editorial input.
- Create or edit, for federal review, written products, data and reports from OHA programs' community-level engagements, such as the Chemical Defense Program's 'Five Cities' demonstration project. Provide research and policy analysis on health security and preparedness-related topic.
- Bachelor's degree in public health, social science, science, or other relevant field which requires extensive independent work in social science research and written communications.
- At least 10 years' experience (a Master's degree can be substituted for 2 years of experience) as a science writer/journalist and/or writing comprehensive chemical and/or biological incident reports, emergency management reports, strategic plans, white papers, protocols and/or guidelines at the federal agency, organizational, state or municipal level.
- Preference given to those with additional education in chemistry and /or biology.
- Must be able to independently synthesize raw data - in the form of data collection instruments (for example, quantitative and semi-quantitative questionnaires), meeting notes, operational or exercise reports - into comprehensive summary documents.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a straightforward, concise manner.
- Some prior experience as a first responder, first receiver, public health practitioner, allied clinical profession, emergency management, or law enforcement is desired.
- Candidates selected may be subject to a security investigation and, if required, should be able to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Possess the ability to demonstrate professionalism and sound judgment in interactions with clients and colleagues.
All applicants for this position should send a cover letter that explains relevant qualifications and interest, and a resume demonstrating relevant experience. Applicants should also include a 2-3 page writing sample that demonstrates the ability to synthesize large amounts of information (on any topic) into a concise, actionable summary.
Cadmus is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected group status. To learn more about Cadmus, visit our website www.cadmusgroup.com
Cadmus is an employee-owned consultancy committed to helping our clients address complex challenges by applying diverse skills and experiences in a highly collaborative environment. By assisting our clients in achieving their goals, we create social and economic value today and for future generations. Founded in 1983, we leverage exceptional expertise across a staff of more than 400 professionals in the physical and life sciences, engineering, social sciences, strategic communications, architecture and design, law, policy analysis, and the liberal arts who provide an array of services in the United States and abroad.
Sun, 2 Apr 2017 09:41:45 PDT