6300 Assistant Men's Soccer Coach (Coaching Assistant 12 Month), Athletics
San Diego State University is seeking applicants with demonstrated experience and/or commitment to teaching and working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of historically underrepresented groups.
Initial review of applications will begin on April 21, 2017. To receive full consideration, apply by April 20, 2017. The position will remain open until filled. The online application should be completed in detail. Completion of the online application is required for consideration; a resume alone will not suffice.
For more information on San Diego State University, please click here.
This is a full-time (1.0 time-base), benefits eligible, temporary position anticipated to end on or before one year with the possibility of reappointment. This position is designated exempt under FLSA and is not eligible for overtime compensation. Standard SDSU work hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but may vary based on operational needs.
Under the direction of the Head Men’s Soccer Coach, the Assistant Men’s Soccer Coach will support and enhance the mission of the San Diego State University Athletic Department. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting in the direction of the men’s soccer program and performing a variety of coaching functions related to the sport of soccer in the Athletic Department. These coaching functions include, but are not limited to the following: coaching, recruiting, administration, academics, event planning/organization, and fundraising.
For more information regarding Athletics, please click here.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting salary upon appointment not expected to exceed $4,393 per month. CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,393 - $5,906 per month. Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
San Diego State University offers a rich benefits package that constitutes a major portion of total compensation. For more information regarding SDSU benefits, please click here.
Compliance with all NCAA, conference, and San Diego State University rules, policies and procedures is of paramount importance to the university. All position responsibilities should be carried out in full compliance with all such rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- USSF National License (C or higher) or National Soccer Coaches’ Association of America Advanced Diploma (Premier or Master Coach).
- Previous experience as a head coach, associate head coach, assistant coach, and/or Director of Operations at a four year university.
Preferred Qualifications and Specialized Skills
- Bachelor’s or preferably Master’s degree in related field;
- Professional experience in business management, marketing, sales, and/or finance;
- US Soccer Federation B license or higher;
- Experience coaching at a four year NCAA Division 1 collegiate institution or head coach at four year collegiate non Division 1 institution;
- Experience working at a four year collegiate institution as the recruiting coordinator;
- Experience within US Soccer Development Academy, preferably head coach or Director of Coaching/Operations type position;
- Playing experience at four-year college, preferably playing professionally in Major League Soccer (MLS), United Soccer League (USL), North American Soccer League (NASL), and/or Major Arena Soccer League (MASL).
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button. If you need assistance completing your application, please click here.
Applicants with disabilities requiring assistance may call (619) 594-7099.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SDSU is a smoke free campus. For more information, please click here.
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.