Learning Center Coordinator, Full-time, Tenure-line
Full-time, tenure-line, the Coordinator of the Learning Center at the Jamestown Campus of JCC plans, administers, and provides instructional support services in the Learning Center. The Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing a range of tutorial services which serve the needs of the student population and enhance student retention. In addition, the Coordinator hires and trains peer tutors and collaborates with the Coordinator of Accessibility Services as necessary. The Coordinator is an integral support of JCC retention efforts.
- Coordinate, implement, and keep current the Jamestown Learning Center’s tutoring program and other academic support services.
- Maintain working relationships and support other college constituencies that facilitate student retention, success, and graduation.
- Utilize technology to support and expand academic support services and student retention.
- Prepare learning center budget, monitor expenditures, and advocate for resources to maintain and expand services.
- Assess/evaluate learning center services and staff.
- Customer focus
- Organizational skills
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Technical learning
- Extensive knowledge of learning theory.
- Computer proficiency sufficient to perform essential functions of the job.
- Supervisory and budget management experience.
- Performs other related duties as needed or assigned
Required: Master’s degree (or higher) in Student Personnel, Education or related field plus college teaching experience
Preferred: Community college experience; experience in a learning center setting; experience with higher education FYE/retention initiatives; familiarity with learning technology such as Blackboard Learning Management System.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent benefits package.
Final candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal background investigation.
Please note that Jamestown Community College does not sponsor H-1B Visas.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and a list of three references to: www.sunyjcc.edu/jobs