Senior Software Engineer - Front-end
DIVISION: KYOCERA Document Solutions Development America, Inc.
DEPARTMENT: Product Planning
LOCATION: Concord, California
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
POSITION REPORTS TO: Manager, R & D
This is a full time regular employment position based on-site in our Concord, CA office.
Summary of Job Duties:
- Design and develop user-facing codes for highly scalable and responsive web applications.
- Collaborate with planning, development, UI/UX, and QA teams to complete and deliver products on-schedule.
- Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements and drive those from concept to implementation.
- Create fast, responsive, easy-to-use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
• An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Math, related technical field or equivalent practical experience is required and an advanced degree is highly desirable.
• Over 8 years of software development experience of designing and developing web applications.
• Familiarity with server-side MVC web architectures such as Play Framework.
• Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations.
• Solid understanding of software development life-cycle, software architecture and design principles is a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Good understanding of private and public cloud design considerations related to distributed systems, load balancing, networking, and global infrastructures.
- Experience with open source cloud and cloud computing platforms such as Amazon AWS, Google App Engine, and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of and experience with printer software solution business is preferred.
- Knowledge of Java or Scala.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Occasional lifting of computer, monitor, or small printer not heavier than 40 pounds.
Essential Mental Functions:
- Analytical skills, troubleshooting skills, verbal and written communications in English.
KDDA is an ISO 14001-certified company with a strong commitment to environmental preservation. All employees are expected to adhere to KDDA ISO 14001 policies and procedures.
All employees should be aware of the importance of conforming with the environmental policy, procedures and requirements of the environmental management system (EMS), significant environmental aspects and impacts, their roles and responsibilities within the EMS, and the potential consequences of departing from EMS procedures
Kyocera Document Solutions Corporation is one of the World's leading manufacturers of laser printers and document management systems.
Kyocera Document Solutions Development America, Inc. is a part of the global Kyocera Document Solutions Corporation software development team with about 200 employees in Concord, CA and El Segundo, CA that takes advantage of the benefits of being part of a large, stable company while operating independently under Kyocera's unique Amoeba Management.
Kyocera Document Solutions Development America offers a competitive salary and a stimulating working environment, plus a generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, matching 401K contributions, flexible spending plan, disability and life insurance, plus Paid Time Offer in addition to paid company paid holidays. KDDA strives to provide a work environment that offers challenging and rewarding opportunities, while encouraging open communication, team work and diversity.
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 09:32:50 PDT