IT Technical Support Specialist I
Bergen Community College is seeking an IT Technical Support Specialist I to provide technical support and training for end users. Installs, modifies, and makes repairs to Bergen computer hardware and software systems.
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, scanners, network cards, etc. on user’s premises.
- Reimages computers using Ghost and loads specified software packages such as the Microsoft Office Suite or its components onto users’ computers.
- Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation; provides instruction in use of equipment, software and manuals.
- Diagnoses and corrects system hardware, software and user problems; repairs and replaces components and entire systems.
- Assists with entry level network tasks and systems administration such as network account maintenance, and activation of data jacks.
- Creates tickets in the service ticketing system and provides updates on the status and completion of problem requests.
- Performs additional tasks or duties as assigned by the Manager of the Help Desk, Managing Director of User Support Services, or other designated management.
Required Education and Education: Associate’s degree (A.A.) from a college or a technical school, or equivalent work experience. Minimum of 6 months of related experience
- Exhibit strong skills in communication, customer and student focus, building relationships, organizing and planning.
- Familiarity with standard computer hardware and business software packages.
- Excellent computer skills (expert level) with the Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and completes work with high degree of accuracy.
- Must possess a strong level of organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be driven to provide excellent customer service with ability to handle inquiries of diverse and multicultural students, staff, faculty and visitors with sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Detail oriented self-starter, ability to work independently with little to no supervision and as a team in a collaborative manner.
- Periodic on-call availability and flexible work hours based upon project deliverables.
- Must have ability to exercise good judgment, as well as, ability to understand and follow established protocols.
- Must regularly be able to lift and carry small packages of up to 10 pounds.May occasionally be required to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.
All interested candidates should send letter of intent (including the job code P-IT SUPPORT I) resume, salary requirements and three professional references with current contact information. To ensure full consideration, all requested application materials must be received by April 24, 2017. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer