020041 Program Manager II (Director of CPE)
POSITION: 020041 Program Manager II (Director of CPE)
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: 4/25/2017
Classification code AH50 / Slot 0003
For ALL Faculty Positions - An unofficial/student copy of your transcript must be submitted along with your on-line application if the position you are applying for requires a degree and/or certificate. Official transcripts are required when you begin employment.
For Staff Positions - If you are applying for a position that requires a degree and/or certificate, an official transcript will be required when you begin employment.
***International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services***
If you are applying for a position that requires current Licensures/Certificates- a copy must be submitted along with your on-line application. Official current licensures/certificates will be required when you begin employment.
Please feel free to submit any electronic documents with your on-line application as an attachment.
ANTICIPATED SALARY RANGE: $59,161 - $84,309, Band 08, SC State Classification System
In this challenging role, you will support the Center for Professional Excellence (CPE) at Greenville Technical College. Duties may include any or all of the following:
-Develop strategic planning for Professional Development
- Ensure system is established for all employees to develop an annual Professional Development Plan (PDP).
- Ensure all employees meet professional development requirements within established time frame.
- Plans and directs institution-wide processes for ensuring accessing and record keeping of required regulatory education.
- Establish structures to communicate professional development opportunities to the College.
- Analyze results of outcomes and form action plans.
-Plan, develop, and direct appropriate institution-wide workforce development education processes and professional employee development programs to support GTC strategic imperatives and institutional objectives.
- Establish training goals, objectives, and plans based upon the needs of the institution and employee training needs.
- Design processes and systems to support ongoing professional development initiatives.
- Provide oversight and cohesiveness for College employee professional development programs (i.e. portions of New Employee Orientation, Supervisor Orientation, Leadership Development Retreats, Faculty Orientation, etc.)
- Maintain fluency in the major infrastructure requirements of the College (i.e. FERPA, SACS, technologies).
- Serve as chairperson for the employee professional development committee.
- Act as a liaison and advisor for chairs of other professional development committees.
-Produce new training programs to address employee professional development needs across all areas of the College.
-Direct internal website and marketing efforts for GTC Professional Development.
-Plan and coordinate employee training calendars for the College.
- Recruit and schedule instructors, negotiate with consultants regarding fees and course content, reserve facilities, oversee room setup and registration.
-Encourage a culture of teamwork, continuous learning, and cross-training by providing opportunities for staff to grow and develop.
-Lead, coach, develop, and evaluate CPE staff. Implement department standards of performance and manage department fiscal operations.
-Other duties as assigned.
Greenville Technical College is one of the largest institutions of higher learning in South Carolina – and we invite you to consider becoming a part of our team! GTC promotes a respectful campus culture that reflects appreciation for diversity and inclusion at all levels. Visit www.gvltec.edu/diversity to learn more.
Bachelor's degree + 5 yrs relevant program experience.
-Master's degree in related field and three (3) years related program development experience.
-Knowledge of professional development and adjunct learning principles, instructional design, and the ability to administer training programs.
-Knowledge of methods for designing, administering, and evaluation training programs; ability to plan and manage projects; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; ability to communicate in a clear, effective manner.
Leads and develops the overall strategy for employee professional development. Integrates learning methodologies that support strategic imperatives and institutional objectives. Sets direction for the Center for Professional Excellence (CPE) that supports workforce development across the institution.
Greenville Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply (EOE/AA/M/F/D/V)
It is the policy of Greenville Technical College, in accordance with applicable laws, to recruit, hire, train, and promote people throughout all college levels, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity.
*Greenville Technical College is a tobacco-free institution*
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must visit https://hr.gvltec.edu/JobPostings.aspx to complete and submit an online application. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completed online applications.