Public Health Security Senior Program Manager
At Cadmus, our Homeland Security Sector seeks candidates to support its Public Health business area at the Office of Health Affairs (OHA). The Office of Health Affairs (OHA) advises and supports DHS leadership, its workforce, and public health officials nationwide to prepare for, respond to, and recover from threats to the nation's health security. OHA teams build relationships between DHS, public health, and first responder communities nationwide to ensure agencies can work together in a crisis.
Note: This position will be located on a client site. Finalists must be able to pass a DHS Suitability check.
- Responsible for engagement and collaboration with existing and future OHA stakeholders in support of OHA programs.
- Seek opportunities to align OHA programs with other DHS-led community engagements, thus leveraging successful local engagements such as BioWatch and the Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO) to advance OHA's project reach.
- Act as a liaison between OHA programs such as Chemical Defense, First Responders and DHS threat-specific components such as BioWatch, and their stakeholders at the local community level.
- Create additional deliverables such as client lists of stakeholders for OHA project-derived guidance documents, lessons-learned, and subject matter expert (SME) work group recommendations, as determined by federal direction.
- Master's degree, preferably in public health (MPH), Project Management, Community Relations or related field.
- Some additional education in chemistry and /or biology is preferred.
- At least 7 years' experience in public health, project management and/or educational outreach, with emphasis on health security, chemical/biological incident preparedness, and/or emergency management.
- Exceptional organizational and communications skills are required, to include public speaking and participation in public forums and strong writing skills.
- Candidates selected may be subject to a security investigation and, if required, should be able to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- As a representative of Cadmus, possess the ability to demonstrate professionalism and sound judgment in interactions with clients and colleagues.
All applicants for this position should send a cover letter that explains relevant qualifications and interest, and a resume demonstrating relevant experience. Applicants should also include a 2-3 page writing sample that demonstrates the ability to synthesize large amounts of information (on any topic) into a concise, actionable summary.
Cadmus is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected group status. To learn more about Cadmus, visit our website www.cadmusgroup.com
Cadmus is an employee-owned consultancy committed to helping our clients address complex challenges by applying diverse skills and experiences in a highly collaborative environment. By assisting our clients in achieving their goals, we create social and economic value today and for future generations. Founded in 1983, we leverage exceptional expertise across a staff of more than 400 professionals in the physical and life sciences, engineering, social sciences, strategic communications, architecture and design, law, policy analysis, and the liberal arts who provide an array of services in the United States and abroad.
Sun, 2 Apr 2017 09:52:05 PDT