Audit - Manager/Senior Manager
Audit - Manager/Senior Manager
About the Job
Be Human. Be Accountable. Be Better.
The Fine Print
Reporting To: Managing Partner
Direct Reports: N/A
Gentile Pismeny & Brengel LLP is a boutique accounting firm with headquarters in Garden City, NY and
satellite offices in New York City. Our main objective is delivering exceptional, personalized service to our
clients. We accomplish this by truly listening to our clients' goals and concerns as well as implementing
comprehensive ideas and services. Our unique business model allows our project teams to better service
our clients by focusing their specialized expertise within one of the following areas: tax, accounting and
consulting. This approach also has allowed us to diversify as a company, attract the best people, and
cultivate a team of experienced accountants.
Who We Need
GPB LLP is looking for a Manager/Senior Audit Manager with at least 7-10 years of public accounting
experience. This candidate must demonstrate a track record of outstanding customer service and must
have strong working knowledge of financial statements - quality review experience a plus.
A Day in the Life of a Manager/Senior Manager
GPB LLP Managers are essentially partners-in-training, and are involved in most of the areas for which
partners are responsible. They have exhibited technical proficiency and the ability to supervise and
complete engagements, possess a thorough knowledge of the firm's policies and procedures, and serve as
intermediaries between partners, clients, and senior accountants. Senior managers exhibit the same
positive characteristics as managers. In addition, senior managers possess the experience and overall
potential necessary to be considered for admission as a partner in the firm.
A successful GPB LLP Manager displays the following skills & attributes:
- • Be an excellent communicator, able to communicate effectively directly with business owners and other clients.
- • Assume responsibility for planning, supervising, and completing engagements.
- • Plan the timing and assigning of staff to engagements.
- • Review engagement work papers, resolve any problems, and keep the partner informed of all important developments in the engagement.
- • Possess a working knowledge of firm technology, including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and firm engagement management, tax preparation, and time and billing software. The firm uses CCH ProSystems Fx for Audit and Tax as well as PPC Smart Tools and Checkpoint. Must have working knowledge of commonly used general ledger software packages such as QuickBooks.
- • Prepare client billings.
- • Supervise both staff accountants and seniors, provide feedback to them, and evaluate their progress.
- • Become an expert in assigned areas.
- • Develop new client contacts and relationships beneficial to the firm.
- • Assist in administrative functions as assigned by the partners.
- • Recognize opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients.
Responsibilities of a Manager/Senior Manager
Typically the Position will be responsible for:
- • Performing other duties as assigned from time to time by the firm's partners.
- • Assist partners with assessing the Firm's continuing professional development offerings to staff.
- • Monitor the firms accounting and research library and ensure it is current and relevant to the Firm's service offerings.
- • Serve as technical researcher for consulting, audit and attestation service engagements and be able to respond to technical questions as they arise.
- • Serve as engagement quality control reviewer for audit, review and compilation engagements for the firm. The engagement quality control reviewer does not make decisions for the engagement team or otherwise participate in the performance of the engagement except in a consulting role.
- • Assist with preparing the firm for peer review. Hold staff responsible for preparing audit, review and compilations deliverables as well as work paper documentation in accordance with professional standards and the Firm's Quality Control Policies and Procedures.
- • May be called upon to perform consulting engagements as assigned such as controllership services, buyer and seller acquisition assistance, etc.
- • May be called upon to be the administrator of audit and attestation related software such as
- ProSystems Fx Engagement, PPC Smart and Checkpoint, and Sageworks Profitcents
- • Stay abreast of new technologies that may be useful for managing and administrating the Firm. If a technology is deemed useful to the Firm, evaluate the technology and perform cost benefit analysis of such technologies prior to moving forward on implementation.
- • Stay current on changes to the CPA profession and how it impacts our firm. Circulate within the firm relevant information about new or emerging changes in professional standards and regulatory and legal requirements or business activities.
Criteria for Success
- • Managers normally have a minimum of three years' experience as a senior accountant (or equivalent experience as deemed appropriate by the partners).
- • Senior managers normally have a minimum of three years' experience as a manager (or equivalent experience as deemed appropriate by the partners).
- • Candidate must have knowledge and experience working with QuickBooks, ProSystems Fx Engagement and ProSystems Fx Tax
- • Microsoft Office Suite
Gentile Pismeny & Brengel LLP is a boutique accounting firm with headquarters in Garden City, NY. Our main objective is delivering exceptional, personalized service to our clients. We accomplish this by truly listening to our clients' goals and concerns as well as implementing comprehensive ideas and services. Our unique business model allows our project teams to better service our clients by focusing their specialized expertise within one of the following areas: tax, accounting and consulting. This approach also has allowed us to diversify as a company, attract the best people, and cultivate a team of experienced accountants.
Garden City, NY
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 07:36:06 PDT