Network Operation Center (NOC) Technician
Berean Group is looking for Network Operations Spec 2 (IP) with our end client.
Please find the JD below:
Location: Melbourne, FL
Duration: 12 Months contract
Candidate must be able to obtain FAA clearance
*Provide technical support for IP services for a private network. Support requires physical layer data link network layer knowledge.
* Monitor for analyze troubleshoot network problems within an operations center utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
* Monitor the alarm conditions on the network to proactively identify and minimize disruption and impact to the network.
* Employ test methods to analyze channelized/unchannelized T1 and T3 utilizing DACs equipment
* Utilize test methods to analyze/troubleshoot Ethernet; IP; Frame Relay; ATM; WAN; LAN
* Work with Local Exchange Carriers ILECs IXCs to resolve WAN problems
* Work with onsite technicians remotely to resolve local issues
* Expertise in remote maintenance and repair of the following network equipment is preferred: Cisco, Sycamore, and APC.
* Resolve problems using internal and external groups as needed to correct trouble on the network and interact with the customer.
* This position is part of a 24x7 network control environment. Shift and workday flexibility is required.
* Bachelors degree in Telecommunications Eng. Networking, Information Technology or related field.
* Domain knowledge of data protocols including TCP/IP, Frame Relay, and ATM
* Understanding of router protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and RIP.
* Thorough understanding of signaling protocols, TDM framing/timing, and IP based networks, and SONET infrastructure.
* Cisco networking equipment knowledge; CCNA preferred.
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 05:12:27 PDT