As a member of the University Facilities Management Services team, the Technology Specialist oversees the information system and application functions that support facilities and finance operations. This information system supports the flow of work orders, maintenance tasks, performance reporting, and transfer of cost information to the University finance system. The position is responsible for the establishment and maintenance of the procedures, security assignments and codes required for the Facilities WebTMA CMMS. This position will coordinate the daily operation of the CMMS and is responsible for assuring consistent application of the established Policies and Procedures for the overall function of the application, of software support, database administration, including mobile hardware and peripheral support. This position interacts with TMA Systems in connection with the DU FM SaaS agreement and other strategic vendors to ensure continuous process improvement and innovation to further enhance all University-Supplier relationships. This position will be called upon to support other primary business applications and performance improvement initiatives associated with technology for the Department of Facilities Management with a clear goal of introducing operational efficiencies and managing costs.
- Support the mission of Facilities Management to improve customer satisfaction, produce administrative and operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, and comply with business policies.
- Review and offer input regarding changes to client specific standard operating procedures (SOPs) and guidelines in accordance with service provisioning in the best interest of the University.
- Work collaboratively with different groups in support University and Departmental technology initiatives, i.e., department website migrations, file shares migration, departmental Win 365 upgrade, MS Exchange migration and zero client deployment.
- Daily and occasional interaction with groups of managers, customers, students, parents and university neighbors.
- Work with the Facilities Management Administrative Team to understand service contracts/agreements.
- Build and maintain user relationships with individuals, as a team or with a diverse group through a professional approach in handling user service needs and problems.
- Apply consultative skills to assess user needs and provide appropriate support, including any necessary training.
- Work effectively in a service oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities.
- Exhibit flexibility with daily assignments and departmental changes.
- Present information effectively and respond to questions from DU Administration and FM Management.
- Effectively operate and assist in supporting various mobile devices.
- Handle all special duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in WebTMA computerized maintenance management system software with specific experience with the WebTMA Preventive Maintenance program reliability, quality of work and accuracy of estimates and invoices.
- In depth knowledge of CMMS work management and associated workflow.
- Ability to apply concepts and analyze relevant data as it relates to business applications.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to collect data, define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to read and understand schematic drawings.
- Ability to use sound and independent judgment and make decisions based on reasoning and basic analysis.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong inter-personal communication and customer service skills.
- Project management skills.
- Strong application troubleshooting skills.
- Software training skills, employee training and teaching of multi-level staff and personnel.
- Working knowledge of PC operating environment and associated software/hardware applications and configurations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills in working with users to interpret needs and provide appropriate solutions.
- Familiarity with and willingness to further develop skills in business performance analysis, business process management technologies and their applications.
- Understanding of cost/benefit value propositions.
- Understanding of department and university financial statement and balance sheet.
- Associate's degree
- Minimum of two years of experience in computer operations, desktop support, mechanical trades or customer service solutions and systems.
- Experience in understanding workflow and teaming to create procedure documents.
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid driver's license and ability to be licensed under the University policy.
- Prior experience administrating a Facilities Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Prior experience administrating TMA Desktop/WebTMA.
- Experience with IT project management techniques.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.