The Payroll Administrator provides is responsible for processing weekly payroll transactions and maintenance for both hourly and salary employees. This position provides full support for the Human Resources department, temporary agency, finance and employees through expert knowledge of the payroll system. The Payroll Administrator is responsible for timely and accurate preparation of payroll withholding and unemployment tax returns.
Job Situational Goals:
- Support operations by processing data in an efficient, timely manner as requested.
- Identify and develop new ways to provide continuous improvement of the payroll function.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process gross to net payroll weekly.
- Act as liaison with outsource payroll firm and provide necessary information on changes and updates to Group Dekko employees as needed.
- Reconcile time records to ensure accurate recorded work hours for all employees.
- Enter payroll/status changes.
- Retrieve reports regularly.
- Enter hire/termination information into database.
- Complete initial Unemployment Responses to state agencies.
- Complete interrogatories when needed.
- Enter benefit changes and enrollments.
- Perform 401(k) transmittals as well as 401(k) distribution confirmations.
- Maintain legal requirements for garnishments and withholding orders.
- Prepare and review required federal, state and local payroll tax returns. This includes withholding taxes, unemployment taxes, 1099's and W-2 processing.
- Maintain knowledge of Payroll and Payroll Taxes including how those interface with A/P, G/L and D/C.
- Attend seminars and research/review periodicals in the areas of Payroll to stay abreast of any government changes or requirements as well as obtaining knowledge of payroll services.
- Attend internal training classes as required and participate in plant tours to stay abreast of technology and business changes.
- Handle government compliance correspondence.
- Set up and maintain new hire/re-hire accruals.
- Obtain HSA accounts for eligible employees and prepare HSA reports for weekly contributions.
- Assist in 401K audits and Bank audits.
- Complete employment verifications as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Able to have difficult conversations with employees as needed.
- Basic understanding of general math.
- Quick learner and able to utilize computer software effectively.
- Able to grasp local, state, and federal rules and regulations easily.
- Expert in ADP payroll system.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Minimum of High School diploma required.
- Associates degree in business or some college classes highly desired.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Payroll processing required.
Group Dekko is an innovative, privately held wire harness and power supply solutions company. With a culture for accomplishment, Group Dekko intends to positively impact relationships with customers, suppliers and the communities we serve.
With headquarters in Garrett, Indiana, Group Dekko employs approximately 1,500 associates across 11 facilities in three states and Mexico. From off-road heavy-duty equipment and diesel engine applications, to office furniture, to medical defibrillators, Group Dekko manufacturers a broad variety of products for the office furniture, transportation and industrial, architectural lighting, appliance, and medical markets.
Group Dekko is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 05:25:08 PDT