Instructor of Game and Interactive Media Design - Game Design Generalist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Becker College is currently seeking candidates for a full-time faculty position, starting August 2017, teaching undergraduate and graduate courses covering subject areas such as, but not limited to: Introduction to Game Design (Unity development), Effective Design Strategies, Level Design, and Intermediate Game Design (Unity development). Rank and salary will be commensurate with experience. The ideal candidate will have a strong teaching background in Interactive Media and relevant experience within the game design industry as a system designer/world-builder, or equivalent. Additional expertise in programming, modeling, technical art and production are a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- MS, MA, or MFA or equivalent in game design, computer animation, interactive media, or a related field preferred;
- 3 – 5 years experience as a game designer/system designer/world builder;
- Higher education teaching experience preferred;
- Have experience developing games for consoles, PC, or mobile games in a Unity development environment.
- Have shipped social, casual, or freemium games with credits as a principal designer;
- Have excellent mathematical, analytical and logical skills;
- Have experience with the game design elements that support maximum engagement, revenue, and retention;
- Is up-to-speed on the latest trends and developments in the game industry;
- Have experience with agile project development (scrum), wireframing, flow diagrams, and prototyping;
- Have a strong knowledge of game progression, game balancing and pacing.
Qualified candidates please send cover letter, resume and three professional references to Deborah.email@example.com