Instructor of Game and Interactive Media Design - Game Programmer/Designer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Becker College School of Design & Technology, Interactive Media Design Division is currently seeking candidates for a full-time faculty position starting August 2017, teaching undergraduate and graduate courses covering subject areas such as, but not limited to: Introduction to Game Design (Unity development), Level Design, and Intermediate Game Design (Unity development). Becker is looking for a game design veteran with strong skills in system design from a programming perspective. Rank and salary will be commensurate with experience. The ideal candidate will have a strong teaching background in Interactive Media and relevant experience within the game design industry as a system programmer, or equivalent. Additional expertise in world building, project management, modeling, and technical art/scripting are a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- MS, MA, or MFA or equivalent in game design, computer animation, interactive media, or a related field preferred;
- 3 – 5 years experience as a game programmer/designer;
- Higher education teaching experience preferred;
- Have experience developing games for consoles, PC, or mobile games in a Unity development environment.
- Have shipped social, casual, or freemium games with credits as a principal designer;
- Have excellent mathematical, analytical and logical skills;
- Have experience with the game design elements that support maximum engagement, revenue, and retention;
- Is up-to-speed on the latest trends and developments in the game industry;
- Have experience with agile project development (scrum), wireframing, flow diagrams, and prototyping;
- Have a strong knowledge of game progression, game balancing and pacing.
- Have experience working in C++, C#, in Unity and Unreal environments.
- AR/VR and mobile application programming a plus
Qualified candidates please send cover letter, resume and three professional references to Deborah.firstname.lastname@example.org