Senior Network Engineer: Kennesaw, GA Office
Successful candidate shall be a highly motivated self-starter who works with the local/regional support team members, guided by company objectives and priorities. This is a technology position with direct responsibility for the engineering, up-time and integrity of customer environments, specializing in Intel virtualization, desktop/server systems and LAN/WAN appliances. The Senior Network Engineer has hands-on responsibilities, providing top tier support and knowledge sharing in all technological aspects located in house and at customer sites. Responsibilities also include server support, Client ticket remediation, 24x7 On-call rotations, adherence to company and departmental process and procedures. Must communicate proactively with team, management, project management and clients to ensure issues and solutions are documented, clarified, effectively addressed, and resolved with appropriate urgency. Ensures client satisfaction; maintains accountability throughout resolution, including issue delegation or hand off.
Applicant must have a minimum 5+ years' experience with actual implementation of all systems, unless otherwise stated.
Pre-interview questionnaire must be answered and will be verified for consideration
Key Skills Required:
- Advance level of experience in using and supporting Solarwinds including NPM, NTA, SAM and LEM modules (Working knowledge in the support of N-Able is highly desired).
- Advance level of experience with Network Management in the setup and configuration of routers, switches, firewalls and wireless technologies. This is to include a high level of understanding of Internet Carrier technologies including DSL, PRI, Frame-Relay and protocols such as BGP, EIGRP and OSPF
- Advanced level of experience with LAN/WAN; TCIP/IP, VLAN and VPN technologies (this includes building and supporting site to site tunnels with an advanced level of understanding of most VPN protocols.
- Expert level of experience with one or more network vendors such as Cisco, SonicWALL, WatchGuard and Meraki.
- Expert level of experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and 2012 operating systems including Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, RRAS and RDP roles and services.
- Expert level of experience with hyper visor technologies including VMWare and/or Microsoft Hyper-V
- Expert level of experience of business collaboration suites such as Microsoft Exchange Server 2013/2016, Microsoft Office365 or Lotus Notes v8+.
- High level of experience with SAN/NAS technologies including disk array management and the creation and maintenance of LUN's. (A working knowledge of IBM Storwize V7000 SAN systems highly desired).
- Experience with one or more hardware vendors such as HP, Dell, IBM and Lenovo in component level repair of servers, workstations, printers and business peripherals.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases and creating SQL queries.
- Understanding of IT security concepts with a strong understanding of NTFS file security and Share permissions.
- Ability to work with other teams and act as a mentor to Tier I/II Engineers.
Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills. Exceptional customer service orientation.
Occasional short travel assignments to customer locations may be required. (paid mileage)
Drug/Alcohol free environment. Non-Smoking office & grounds. Background check with MVR required
****Candidates must go through a technical assessment interview to verify skills required for the role are met
Only candidates that complete the screening questions completely will be reviewed.
*No phone calls or walk in's accepted*
ServIT is a Technology and Managed Services company established in 1999. ServIT employs technical staff throughout 14 states and services many other through long term partnerships with only the best like minded companies. We offer unique and innovative solutions in conjunction with every major manufacturer. Our approach allows us to assist you in formulating the exact solution to fit your organization's needs.
Visit our website for more information: www.servit.net
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 09:27:59 PDT