Electrical Utility Design Engineer
Engineering Partners (EPI) is a well-known engineering company in San Diego with utility, municipality, and government contracts focusing on electrical and power engineering.
EPI is searching for a design engineer/senior designer that is a motivated self-starter to help establish the civil engineering arm of our business. The design engineer/senior designer will have experience in PLS-CADD and AutoCad pole design with an understanding of utility distribution construction.
The design engineer/senior designer will be designing the replacement of thousands of existing wood poles with steel while also implementing new technologies to reduce the threat of fire. This will require coordination with various stakeholders to ensure a mutually beneficial design.
** We are a growing business and there are opportunities to hire more than one role**
The design engineer/senior designer will be:
- Open to new ideas, opinions, and processes
- Confident to create processes and implement them where and when needed
- Comfortable working in an ever changing fast paced environment
- Think and operate with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Constantly strive to improve what is currently in place
- A "can do" attitude
- Experience with PLS-CADD, O-Calc, or other utility pole loading software
- Strong understanding of electric utility pole design
- Familiarity with utility pole construction and equipment
Education and Experience
- College degree in engineering
- Minimum of 2 years' experience
- PE is preferred but not required
Why is this a great opportunity;
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Growth opportunities as the business line quickly expands
- Ability to create and implement change as needed with support from management
- Challenging and engaging work
The Engineering Partners, Inc. (EPI) is an electrical engineering consulting firm located in San Diego, California with a workforce of 40 employees. EPI has extensive experience in the rehabilitation and upgrade of systems and devices within existing structures and complexes, and the design of new systems and devices within and for buildings; including building utilities, engineering studies, site lighting; and in various Design-Build projects which include the preparation of RFP'
San Diego, CA
Mon, 10 Apr 2017 14:47:04 PDT