Instructors are actively involved in the academic programs offered by the ELA. This position requires teaching 30 hours per week of English as a second language classes throughout the term contract, plus prep time. Contracts will be assigned on an annual basis based on enrollment.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Plan and teach 30 hours per week in an Intensive English Program, plus office hours
- Review student work, provide feedback, and return assignments in a timely manner
- Participate in placement testing and other grading and assessment duties
- Participate in orientation sessions, pre- and post-term assignments, and extra-curricular activities offered to students
- Participate in staff development and in-service training meetings
- Attend all faculty meetings
- Submit syllabi for courses taught and final grades;maintain attendance and class records
- Participate in institutional effectiveness efforts within the department
- Participate in presentations to prospective students – on sight and off sight as needed
- Strong academic preparation:Master’s in TESL or related field
- Knowledge of methods and techniques to enhance the acquisition of grammar, reading, writing, listening, and speaking for students learning English as a second language
- Knowledge of communicative language teaching practices
- Knowledge of methods and techniques to prepare students learning English as a second language to be academically, socially, and linguistically successful in mainstream university courses
- Experience adapting classroom content to better meet students’ needs
- Knowledge of and experience in developing , administering, and grading assessments
- Strong classroom management skills, organizational and planning skills, ability to give clear, concise directions and explanations
- Ability to effectively use technology in the classroom to enhance instruction
- A minimum of two years ESL teaching experience, preferably in an intensive English program such as a college-level intensive course
- High level of English proficiency
- Proficiency in a second language preferred – especially Chinese
Contracts will be assigned on an annual basis based on enrollment. Start date is projected as June 2017.
For more information visit:
Arkansas State University is recruiting applicants for the position of ESL Instructor with English Learning Academy--China. Arkansas State University does not discriminate on the basis of color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or disability in any of its practices, policies or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, employment, admissions, educational services, programs or activities which it operates or financial aid.
A-State has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students. A-State is also committed to creating a productive workplace in which both persons and property are secure. To achieve that goal, background investigations are conducted on all final applicants recommended for employment.
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
English Learning Academy
Arkansas State University
PO Box 2230
State University, AR 72467
102 North Caraway Rd
Jonesboro, AR 72401
Qingdao, China Location:
Block B, Qingdao International Animation&Game Industrial park
67th Yinchuan West Rd.
Shinan District, Qingdao
Apply for ESL Instructor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly